Micro SD card???

Micro SD card???

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Micro SD card???

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Chris M
    Participant

I picked up this MicroSD card and my Hi10 noticed it right away.  I have 125.6GB available and it’s formatted as exFAT.  All seems to work fine, so far.

Should I leave it formatted as exFAT or should I reformat it differently?

It was a great deal on Amazon here in the US..

Silicon Power 128GB up to 75MB/s MicroSDXC UHS-1 Class10, Elite Flash Memory Card with Adaptor (SP128GBSTXBU1V20SP)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T9QONOU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

amacar
    Participant

I reformatted my 128gb (119gb free shown) as ntfs, so far no problems after two weeks. I think exFat should be good too.

Hambones500
    Participant

Given the original post, it’s ironic that GearBest currently has the Hi10 as SD128, but Chuwi http://en.chuwi.com/product/items/Chuwi-Hi10.html have it as SD64 – Perhaps there are slightly different varieties of Hi10? Is there any software that checks what capacity a system has for SD maximum size – not h2testw, obviously, but something that will check prior to purchase???

Hambones500
    Participant

After a fair amount of searching it seems that (generally), if a device is SDXC compatible, that it shouldn’t be limited to 64GB – so 128 GB should work – this concurs with advice from KingstonMemoryShop in the UK, that “This device accepts microSDHC and microSDXC cards. As it accepts microSDXC technically it should accept 64GB+ 128GB cards;You can find both these cards here which we recommend for this device”  The exFAT file system is part of the deal introduced here: https://www.sdcard.org/press/archive/SD_Association_Announces_SDXC_Revised_1-7-09.pdf – I tracked other similar advice (that unless a particular device quirk prevents) an SDXC is an SDXC, not limited to 64GB or whatever,  here: http://superuser.com/questions/892401/if-a-device-specifies-that-it-can-support-sd-cards-up-to-64gb-would-larger-size, so I guess I’m off to buy a 128GB…….</span>

silverstar
    Participant

I finally got myself the 128gb Samsung Evo @ 48MB/s following Chuwi’s FAQ @ their site about getting slower cards. My Sandisk @ 80MB/s didn’t work but this Samsung was instantly recognised.

Hambones500
    Participant

I plumped for a standard Kingston 128GB Micro SDXC Memory card rated 45MB/s (verified genuine size etc., the write speed with Hi10 around 36MB/s) and that works no problems at all

Sambudo
    Participant

I can confirm you that the Chuwi Hi10 PRO tablet supports the Samsung Micro-SDXC 128GB EVO Plus only on Windows 10 partition. It’s not recognized by Remix OS (personally, I’d prefer a stock android version, this one is very awful: if I want to use it ad PC I will NOT use android so far…). I’m after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Windows 10:
    (wstaw.org/m/2016/11/29/photo_2016-11-29_22-10-41.jpg)

Remix OS:
    (wstaw.org/m/2016/11/29/photo_2016-11-29_22-10-45.jpg)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    John
    Participant

I got a 128gb Samsung evo in my new hi10 pro. Works on both Windows and Android sides as far as I can tell.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kiremit Usta
    Participant

Hi folks,

i wanted to inform you that i have bought the lexxar microSDXC 200 GB which is working in my tablet CHUWI Hi10. I use it as external storage with fat32 format in android and windows10 without problems as sharing storage between android and windows10.

If you have any quations you can ask me and I try to support everyone.

C Ya

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar