MicroSD card stuck…

MicroSD card stuck…

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums i7 Core M / i7 Stylus Discussion MicroSD card stuck…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kadajawi
    Participant

Hey!

I tried to insert an MicroSD card (the best one I have…) into the i7 Stylus. And now it is stuck. Since it was said it is a push in until the end, and it pops out again affair, I pushed it even further, hoping it’d come out again (it wasn’t recognized by the tablet anyway…). Now it is deep inside, but it won’t come out. It can’t be used either. Great. Thankfully it was empty, but… what to do now? I don’t have a usable SD slot, and my card is gone too.

And I think I inserted it the right way. The other way around it didn’t even go in half way, so I figured the other way (where it did go in) was the right one. After all there are only two possibilities.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Kadajawi,

not a great help I guess but I saw the exact same symptoms: card reader did eat the SD card and kept it (no way to push further with the hope that it pops out). And as for you, the card was never recognized by the system.

It seems to me that the card reader is faulty, despite its correct recognition by windows (I mean, the Realtek card reader was present with no trouble in the device manager).

Never found a way to make the reader works properly, even with a fresh install of windows.

The card was hard like hell to extract. Used a very thin tool and with patience the card came with light cosmetic damage (card brand new bought for that purpose so impossible to return).

The card though works fine with other computers.

Another try was made with a different card (tapes were put on the card for the extraction). No way to get it mounted in the system. This card works obviously perfectly in other devices.

Found some other similar cases over the net. Chines brands are like lotto services. Those who get working devices seems happy. And lot of Cube customers gave up by buying from different brands.

I don’t think you’ll fix anything but maybe you’ll be more lucky.

Kadajawi
    Participant

What kind of very thin tool did you use? I don’t care about cosmetic damages, I just want my card back… Shame about not being to use microSD cards though, I was planning on using it to extend storage (which it desperately needs… 64 GB just isn’t enough 🙁 especially considering that the OS takes up most of it, and the rest is taken by programs. Really these tablets should have 2 or 3 microSD slots, it’s not like they take up too much space… (and obviously they should be functional). Any idea why it isn’t working? Why it gets stuck? Maybe some pins are in the wrong place or bent…?

S
    Participant

Something similar happened to me where I some how managed to insert the SD card between the outside metal frame of the reader and the circuit board.  When I went to try and eject it I pushed it in further.  Not sure whether the same thing has happened to you.  It was easy to get out.  Pop the back off, loosen a few screws and fish it out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

About the tool, card was finally extracted with simple tweezers grabed from my sister. Like those:
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Tweezers.jpg

But it took little time, as there is too few to claw. You’ll have to be patient, but it’s possible.
    In future, if you feel brave enough for more try, I advise you to put long tape at the back of the card. No problem then to extract it (though the reader never did recognize any).

Hirak Sarkar
    Participant

You have to be cautious next time. Push the card half and try to feel the spring release mechanism. If you feel the spring then push it all the way or remove it and try again.

Kadajawi
    Participant

Somehow I managed to get it removed… without opening the tablet. It wasn’t easy, but it was possible. Phew. Lesson learned. A bit of a design flaw, if it is possible to stick it in the wrong way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar