MicroSD issue fixed

MicroSD issue fixed

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum MicroSD issue fixed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Rick Starsick
    Participant

I bought my Cube I9 on sale, during the $399 sale on AliExpress, and the unit that I received a few days ago had the MicroSD card issue fixed. I put a 200 gigabyte card in it and it works like a charm.

Bonnom
    Participant

I also bought during the sale. My 64gb microsd cards works but the cardreaders does have some annoying quirks.

Sometimes the card won’t show up in the file explorer until I restart the machine.

One microsd cards was flashed as a linux live cd. I couldn’t reformat the drive on the cube. I had to reformat it on my teclast x98 plus.

I have problems with rufus and making a live cd on the microsd card.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I bought a 128 GB card, but I am getting really low performance, I am not sure if it is the Cube or the card itself that is the problem. The card specification was 80 mb/s, but I am only getting out 28 mb/s.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Seems like this tablet still have issues with the USB 3.0 controller for the USB 3.0 input and the microSD slot. I am not getting anywhere near the reading speed as I should. I just tried with a card that do 90mb/s read in my main computer USB 3.0 input, but on the cube I am only getting 38 mb/s read.

And dont understand how Chris could get much higher values on his micro SD card when it has lower specification than my card. I got the Sandisk 200GB card.

Would be lovely if people could test out what kind of speed they get.

Sammi Jim
    Participant

how you get fixed with microsd card? I tried with  sandisk ultra 128 gb micro card, no luck. Doesn’t even show up in my computer. Can you please tell a brief? with which brand? Or what is the max size can hold? Thank you!

Terrence G F
    Participant

I also bought during the sale, but unfortunately my 128GB Samsung Pro+ card is not recognized.

The only other micro SD card I have is an 8GB Sandisk (Class 4) which is recognized, so the card reader is at least functional for smaller cards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What bios version do you two guys have? Mine is from march so my i9 detects the card, but I am getting the wrong read and writing speeds. So still something wrong with the bios.

Sammi Jim
    Participant

I bought the tablet when it was onsale at aliexpress.com, no idea about what version of bios that tablet has installed. I wondered how Rick get fixed his 200gb micro sd card. is there something to do with formatting?

Terrence G F
    Participant

What bios version do you two guys have? Mine is from march so my i9 detects the card, but I am getting the wrong read and writing speeds. So still something wrong with the bios.

My bios screen shows build date of 03/04/2016 20:08:40, but I can’t really say for sure what version of bios it is.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I got the same bios as u guys and my Sandisk 200GB works, but again read and write speeds are not working as they should.

Rick Starsick
    Participant

Mine works, I use it for my document files if which I have about 100GB. I never noticed any read/write speed issue, but I am not streaming video. I just popped it in the day I got it and it worked.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mine works, I use it for my document files if which I have about 100GB. I never noticed any read/write speed issue, but I am not streaming video. I just popped it in the day I got it and it worked.

Can you please try out CrystalDiskMark 5 and or/ h2testw to see what read and write speed you get?

D MacDonald
    Participant

Here are the results using a generic 128GB SanDisk card from Amazon. I don’t believe it’s a genuine SanDisk, but it does work fine for general storage.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Here are the results using a generic 128GB SanDisk card from Amazon. I don’t believe it’s a genuine SanDisk, but it does work fine for general storage.

Which bios do you have?

D MacDonald
    Participant

Hope I found the right info for you… Core version 5.11.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar