microSD slot problem

microSD slot problem

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum microSD slot problem

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jirka Toksa
    Participant

I’ve bought Samsung 128GB fast microSDXC card and:

• At the beggining it worked (for 3 days) – so I’ve instlled apps on it, I’ve placed Dropbox storage on it
    • Then it disappeared – Win10 didn’t see it, even in DiskManager. It disappeared for 5 days
    • Then it appeared again (and I was so lucky!), but only for two days
    • Then it disappeared again and remains invisible 🙁

Many reboots done, nothing changed.

Now I’ve tried a different card (Kingston 64GB) and it is invisible too.
    Both (128 and 64GB) microSDXC cards are visible and readable on my desktop PC.
    So the problem is probably on the side of Chuwi tablet. The question is whether it is a software problem (which could be solved) or whether it is a HW problem which will require a painfull warranty communication and sending the tablet back to China.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Jirka Toksa
    Participant

It looks like it is a SW problem in Win10, because the card is visible in Android!

But why it was visible in Win, then disappeared, then appeared and then disappeared for good?

And I repeat: it is not the kind of problem when it just losses its drive letter – the SD card isn’t even visible in Disk Manager. And in Device Manager there are no exclamation marks or “driver problems” visible.

Any idea? Thanks!

Dom
    Participant

I’ve got exactly the same problem. Thought it was a problem with my sd cards. I also tried it with a 128gb and a 64gb card. Both of them worked for several weeks then suddenly disappeared and didn’t came back.

Both cards work flawless in my lg G3 an my MacBook Air. Also tried snappy driver installer but all drivers are up to date.

Dave
    Participant

Exactly the same problem here!!

On the device manager – showing SD Storage Class

This device cannot start. (Code 10)
    {Operation Failed}
    The requested operation was unsuccessful.
    Tried removing and restarting…. nothing.
    Works perfectly under my win 10 laptop and also OK on the Android partition of the Chui H12
    Jirka Toksa
    Participant

How could it be a problem with the SD card (or the card slot)? I can access the card when I reboot to Android!

So my guess is that it must be a problem of Windows!

A can also read both cards in other devices with no problem.

K818mn1
    Participant

Same issue here – Device Manager indicates “This device cannot start. (Code 10)” whenever I insert any microSD card, and I’ve tried several different cards from different manufacturers ranging from 8GB to 64GB in size. They are recognized by my other PCs running Windows 10, and I’ve tried formatting them as exFAT or NTFS or FAT32 in those other PCs but they are still not seen by the Chuwi when running Windows 10.

They ARE recognized by the Chuwi when running Android, however.

Dave
    Participant

I have also a problem with the USB 2 (USB 3 working fine) ?

Jirka Toksa
    Participant

Well… does every Hi12 user have this problem with microSD in Win10? I assume not.

If not, how’s that possible? Have we done something wrong in Windows?

How’s that possible that the card worked once, then not, then worked again and then died finally? What has changed? Why?

How common is that problem? Does Chuwi know about it? Has anyone solved this problem?

I have to say that I definitely haven’t done anything dangerous. No playing with drivers, registry, … justi installed dropbox, paint.net, MS SQL Management Studio and Libre Office.

The Hacker
    Participant

I don’t have that problem, mine was working from day one with my Kingston SDXC UHS-1 Class 10, it was slow at writting, arround 10 MB/s and read with 40 MB/s, one day out of the blue i just coulden write to it, gave me error 0x800703EE, i formated the card, diden’t help, then i tried it in my pc, it worked, then in a USB2 adapter in the tab, it worked, but woulden write in the internal card slot, can still read it, in Android there is no problem either, and if i install the win 8 drivers from the Teclast trend i can read and write  in Windoes, just really slow

So my conclution is, there is something wrong with the drivers

There are 3 kind of people in the world, thoose who can count, and thoose that can't

Fred Scuttle
    Participant

My dual boot Hi12 microSD card slot was working fine in both Win 10 and android. Since mid – June the microSD card (Sandisk Ultra 64GB) is not showing on the desktop in Win 10 and device manager gives the error message ‘an SD storage Class Controller cannot start (Code10)’. The card continues to function perfectly in android mode.

I could not do a system rollback using system restore because it was not enabled (doh!), so i tried the following:

• Using a blank Kingston 16GB microsd formatted in both fat32 and NFTS.
    • Disabling and then subsequently uninstalling the SD Storage Class Controller and rebooting.
    • Uninstalling all USB controllers and rebooting.
    • In desperation, i have done a complete reset of the PC wiping programs and data.

Nothing so far has worked and I’ve run out of ideas. The physical microSD hardware seems ok as it continues to work perfectly in android but something is wrong on the Win 10 side. Could it be a windows update that has messed things up? A corrupted registry? The drivers worked fine at first so can it be a driver problem? I am hanging back from trying a fresh win 10 install in case that action causes more problems than it solves.

K818mn1
    Participant

I updated the bios to the latest version yesterday, just to see if changed matters.

But there is no change, my SD cards still don’t appear in Windows File Manager and the SD storage in Device Manager still shows “This device cannot start. (Code 10)”

Jirka Toksa
    Participant

Has anybody of you reported this problem to the manufacturer od supplier? Have they responded somehow?

I think it is a problem seriously damaging the usability of tablet – as it has only 64GB of storage onboard (for two systems).

Dom
    Participant

i think somebody already posted this issue in chuwi forum. so they should be aware of the problem.

i will wait another month for them to fix it, afterwards ill send it back.

James
    Participant

I have the exact same problem 🙁

Rick Starsick
    Participant

I have a 200 GB Sandisk that worked perfectly for a year. Then – out of the blue (in Android) my tablet woke up and “SD Card is blank or unsupported format”. I reinsert the card several times and it is recognized once again, works for my entire tablet session – THEN – upon sitting the tablet down for a bit it is unmounted again. Any ideas? If not, how can I just delete Windows and use the entire Tablet for Android?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar