Mix Plus from Gearbest with 64GB SSD storage

Mix Plus from Gearbest with 64GB SSD storage

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus Mix Plus from Gearbest with 64GB SSD storage

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mixplus
    Participant

Hi all,

I just received my Cube Mix Plus that I ordered from GearBest. Everything seems to be fine except under the device manager, I only got 64GB Forsee for storage. Anyone with the same issue? Please advice me the thing I should do.

Many thanks.

mixplus
    Participant

Showing the device manager

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Open a dispute with them, ask them to refund or fix it, it’s advertised with 64GB. Cube must have run out and used 128GB… Bad move!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX Y13, Mi Gaming Laptop (2019)
    Currently testing: ASUS ROG 2

mixplus
    Participant

Dear Chris,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Already send message to them. No reply so far, hopefully they agree to just ship a 128GB SSD 22×42  to me, instead of me sending it back. Another thing I noticed, there are small gaps on both side of the upper part of the tablet, which pretty much annoyed me. It seems to be my unit is coded as cube i18-BL, while others in the web coded as i18-L. Any idea what is the difference between the two?

Tq

FUCKTECHTABLET
    Participant

They vanish all my review and question with shooting video on their site

FUCK FUCKTECHTABLET

Chris G
    Keymaster

Some sort of hardware revision, maybe an even cheaper 64GB model? And they sent you the wrong one.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX Y13, Mi Gaming Laptop (2019)
    Currently testing: ASUS ROG 2

Joachim
    Participant

My Mix Plus is also titled i18-BL and still it has the 128GB Foresee SSD. I think this was just a wrong part that accidently got in your device in the factory. However such a fault definitely SHOULD be noticed by the Quality Control if there is any at all..

Good luck with an hopefully exchange

Mich
    Participant

Ops, I’m afraid… I bought it in gearbest too… I hope that they solve it sending you a new 128gb ssd. And It was a punctual error…

mixplus
    Participant

My unit comes with faulty charger, imperfect tablet attachment to the keyboard, deep scratches with the simcard/microsd card sized in the plastic part (looks someone have used it, and try to do some mod), annoying gap between plastic and metal in the upper area, and 64 GB internal SSD. (Still got the QC certification card in the box, ironically). All in one in my first experience buying from oversea. Dont know what kind of QC they are having. GB offered me for a replacement/refund if i return my unit to them, and partial refund of 35$ if I keep mine. I chose to keep my unit as to post it back to china it cost me around 45$.

I have been using it for few days now since I got my new charger, few other issues which are:

1. Sandisk ultra 64gb not detected (I read everywhere in this forum, but it seems still no solution for the issue)
    2. The touchpad setting is missing in windows setting eventhough it worked flawlessly. I didnot even find the touchpad driver in device manager.
    3. When i attach the tablet the other way around in the keyboard, the toucpad and all the keys still functioning. Is it normal?
    4. Do i need to update the bios? mine’s version is 5.12.

Thanks.

Cloppy
    Participant
    1. Sandisk ultra 64gb not detected (I read everywhere in this forum, but it seems still no solution for the issue)
    2. The touchpad setting is missing in windows setting eventhough it worked flawlessly. I didnot even find the touchpad driver in device manager.
    3. When i attach the tablet the other way around in the keyboard, the toucpad and all the keys still functioning. Is it normal?

Thanks.

2. The touchpad does not work like a touchpad, but as a mouse and keyboard. That’s why you can’t disable gestures. It’s the normal behaviour.

3. Yes, it is.

4. I wouldn’t. Unlike a normal motherboard, this seems to be very brick-prone.

Joachim
    Participant

[Quote]annoying gap between plastic and metal in the upper area[/Quote]

If this “gap” is at the left uper edge, then this is the microphone….

mixplus
    Participant

[Quote]annoying gap between plastic and metal in the upper area[/Quote] If this “gap” is at the left uper edge, then this is the microphone….

Yes I am aware of that being microphone. That is not it. It is between the plastic and the metal side where we have the power button. Definitely build quality issue.

My unit comes with faulty charger, imperfect tablet attachment to the keyboard, deep scratches with the simcard/microsd card sized in the plastic part (looks someone have used it, and try to do some mod), annoying gap between plastic and metal in the upper area, and 64 GB internal SSD. (Still got the QC certification card in the box, ironically). All in one in my first experience buying from oversea. Dont know what kind of QC they are having. GB offered me for a replacement/refund if i return my unit to them, and partial refund of 35$ if I keep mine. I chose to keep my unit as to post it back to china it cost me around 45$. I have been using it for few days now since I got my new charger, few other issues which are:

1. Sandisk ultra 64gb not detected (I read everywhere in this forum, but it seems still no solution for the issue)
    2. The touchpad setting is missing in windows setting eventhough it worked flawlessly. I didnot even find the touchpad driver in device manager.

Thanks.

Thanks for your clarification!

giocas
    Participant

no strictly related, partially OT: in your opinion, for a “normal” user, is possible to replace the internal SSD?

Algorithm
    Participant

Just some info here in regards to the 64gb ssd appearing on the device manager.   The storage capacity is actually 128gb.    If you have a look at the file size of the C: drive in explorer you will see that it is the case.  They seem to have just relabelled the drive name as 64gb 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password