Mix pro still the best?

Mix pro still the best?

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Mix pro still the best?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Hi I’m looking to upgrade my tablet. I’ll be using it primarily as a netbook for coding on the go. Mainly c/c++ that requires long compilation times, so I’m looking for something with good CPU grunt for the price. However I’d like to stick with a convertible or tablet.

I’ll be using Linux only (probably arch) . Windows will be deleted the day I unbox it.

I currently use an Asus transformer t100ta with a 500gb SSD in the keyboard dock, but the slowness, lack of ram and tiny low res screen  is getting me down.

I want:

• Fast (Kaby Lake, ideally 8GB RAM)
    • X86
    • 10.1 inch screen or bigger, at least 1080p but would prefer HiDPI
    • Upgradeable SSD
    • At least the WiFi and display drivers working in Linux (or likely to on the mainline kernel) .
    • Reasonable keyboard or keyboard cover.

Looks like one of the best choices is still the Cube Mix Pro… But it’s not a looker, and is 2 years old… Are there any newer options?

The Knote 8 and Teclast X6 Pro look decent but I can find very little info about them.

Thanks in advance

Chris G
    Keymaster

Teclast X6 Pro I hope to have soon. It looks the most promising. KNote 8 was okay but a bit overpriced. Some minor issues

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

John
    Participant

Thanks. I might go ahead and order one. Can’t find a good source for the keyboard though.

I’m hoping it’s a real SSD and not emmc, and that it won’t be glued together. In your experience are Teclast products screwed together?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar