Mod: Internal MicroSD Card Reader

Mod: Internal MicroSD Card Reader

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Mod: Internal MicroSD Card Reader

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Samuel Kwok
    Participant

This took way longer than I intended.  I made some mistakes along the way and would like to share. You can learn how to wire the USB in the other thread, it’s quite straight forward.

1. I used the tiny MicroSD only reader and took it apart.  It fits perfectly next to the speakers.  But when I tried to close the lid, there were plastic buffer so I had to move it next to the battery on top.
      • I ran into two problems.
        • The extra wires were putting pressure on the LCD
        • The MicroSD reader I choose was not working.  It would not wake up after sleep.  I had to restart the X98 Pro to get it back again.  I tried everything in the USB power settings, Power Management USB link, task schedule but nothing works.
    2. I had another OTG MicroSD / SD reader available so I took it apart, remove the SD part, trim out the OTG, trim the extra length on the USB side and left with a tiny footprint.
      • I ran into a problem, I didn’t seal up the underside of the “tiny footprint” with just the MicroSD slot.  It short circuited and it was out of commission.
      • I have an extra one so I did everything above and sealed it up.  It booted up fine and it’s now done.
      • This OTG has two port, I used the regular USB port side and it still shows after the X98 Pro wakes up from sleep.

I was also looking at adding magnets internally so I can use iPad Air Smart Cover.  It’s out of my technical skills.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

nice, just ordered 128gb ultra fit sandisk 130mb/s for 30euro i will at id and see what happen 🙂

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/SanDisk/SanDisk-128GB-Ultra-Fit-USB-3.0-Flash-Drive—130MB_s

idris
    Participant

are you not better off with a cheaper usb2 one? you will only be able to use the usb2 bus with the device. oh well if youve already purchased it then no point returning.. cheap enough anyway.

mooms
    Participant

About that, it seems the X98 Pro chipset  is actually USB3 capable, there is a hint when you plug the tablet in an USB port, Windows will show a message saying that this device can run at better speed.

Mohsin
    Participant

Hi Samuel

Its Actually Good idea, putting SD card internally instead of fixing full sized usb port,  Which is useful but looks ugly. Thumbs up for the idea.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar