January 21, 2016 at 5:45 pm #23247
Hello Guys, I have Chuwi Vi10 tablet for the past 5 months and it was working fine but few weeks ago i tried to make it single boot tablet from dual boot and i accidentally deleted all the partition and i can’t open the tablet as it is showing some sort of error. I accidentally deleted all the drives. And i also can’t install the windows from USB, can anyone help me Please I will be pleased if anyone can help me.
I have attached the screenshot of the error i am facing while turning on the tablet
Please see the error here https://goo.gl/BDEkhV
Thank YouJanuary 21, 2016 at 10:04 pm #23302
You didn’t delete all the drives, it looks like you have the Windows partition and the recovery partition.
You might have enough to boot, it depends on the BIOS. Try powering off your tablet, press and hold the volume down button followed by the power button (hold both until you get a boot menu). Use the volume button to make the Windows option flash then press the power button once.
Why can’t you install from USB? Error message? It won’t boot? You don’t want to? Please be specific if you need help on that.January 21, 2016 at 10:24 pm #23305
I just had a closer look at the screen you posted and it looks like you’ve either moved/resized a partition or created a new one, can you please be more specific about what you’ve done?January 22, 2016 at 3:30 pm #23352
Sorry for late reply Jonathan
My aim was to remove the android from the tablet and increase the size available in the c drive but in the process i accidently deleted recovery and other partition and now i am seeing that screen which i have attached https://goo.gl/BDEkhV
I have tried the suggestion you have told me to do but still there is same problem.January 22, 2016 at 4:13 pm #23361
Just do a fresh install of Windows.January 23, 2016 at 5:50 am #23413
I am unable to do that as i cannot boot it from USB drive.
Please see the video ( https://goo.gl/KU22wO ) in which i have captured everything i can see in the setting and also please suggest me how to install windows from the USB device as i have been trying to do so by referencing different video’s and guides but none worked for me.January 23, 2016 at 9:57 pm #23484
To create a Windows 10 32-bit installation flash drive you will need:
The procedure is as follows:
- A USB flash drive that is at least 4GB.
- A modern Windows PC with at least 8GB space free.
January 23, 2016 at 10:38 pm #23485
- Visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
- Scroll down until you see the blue “Download tool now” box and click it.
- Plug the flash drive you want to use into your PC.
- When MediaCreationTool.exe has finished downloading run it.
- At the “User Account Control” dialogue click Yes.
- If you agree to the terms and conditions “Accept” them, if not we can go no further.
- Select “Create installation media for another PC”, click next.
- Untick the “Use the recommended options for this PC” checkbox.
- Select the “Language” yo want.
- Select “Edition” as “Windows 10”.
- Select “Architecture” as “32-bit (x86)”.
- Click next and if a pop-up about making sure you have the right edition appears click “OK”.
- Select “USB flash drive”, click next.
- Select the USB flash drive that you want to use, click next.
- Wait, for the task to complete, this can take a long time (there will probably be a ~4GB download).
- Click finish and wait for the Media Creation Tool to clean up and close.
- Safely eject your USB flash drive.
Turn off your tablet and plug your Windows installation USB flash disk into your tablet.
Attach a keyboard, the docking one is fine.
Turn on your tablet and press escape to get to your UEFI BIOS option screen, the thing with the 6 options.
Select “Boot manager”.
Select your USB flash drive and press enter.
Alternatively, if your tablet is at the EFI shell (the screen you currently get at start up):
Plug in your USB flash drive and the keyboard if not allready connected.
When you can type (there will be a delay) type reset<enter>.
When you get back to the EFI shell find your USB flash drive by typing:
January 25, 2016 at 7:47 pm #23676
- map -b<enter>
- If you get a 0 instead of m in the above step then press Fn and insert to turn off NumLock. Then try again.
- Make a note of the fs devices e.g. fs0, fs1 etc.
- For every fs device try “dir fs0:\”, ” dir fs1:\” etc. Followed by enter until you find one that has the Windows USB drive (autorun.inf, bootmgr, bootmgr.efi, setup.exe …).
- With the correct fs device found above type: fs?:\efi\boot\bootia32.efi<enter>. For example fs0 would be: fs0:\efi\boot\bootia32.efi<enter>
- You should boot up to Windows setup.
thank you Jonathan for helping me out it really workedJanuary 25, 2016 at 8:12 pm #23677
You’re welcome, glad I could help 🙂January 27, 2016 at 10:17 pm #24042kyagaba cliff evansParticipant
- Posts: 3
hey guys, i need your help.my keyboard and usb ports are locked and my tablet is stuck in safe mode and the touch doesnot work too.what can i do to rectify this?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.