Need Help with the Chuwi Vi10….. Booting Problem….I Screwed Up

Need Help with the Chuwi Vi10….. Booting Problem….I Screwed Up

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Need Help with the Chuwi Vi10….. Booting Problem….I Screwed Up

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mukesh Lekhak
    Participant

Hello Guys, I have Chuwi Vi10 tablet for the past 5 months and it was working fine but few weeks ago i tried to make it single boot tablet from dual boot and i accidentally deleted all the partition and i can’t open the tablet as it is showing some sort of error. I accidentally deleted all the drives. And i also can’t install the windows from USB, can anyone help me Please I will be pleased if anyone can help me.

I have   attached the screenshot of the error i am facing while turning on the tablet

Please see the error here https://goo.gl/BDEkhV

Thank You

Jonathan
    Participant

You didn’t delete all the drives, it looks like you have the Windows partition and the recovery partition.

You might have enough to boot, it depends on the BIOS. Try powering off your tablet, press and hold the volume down button followed by the power button (hold both until you get a boot menu). Use the volume button to make the Windows option flash then press the power button once.

Why can’t you install from USB? Error message? It won’t boot? You don’t want to? Please be specific if you need help on that.

Jonathan
    Participant

I just had a closer look at the screen you posted and it looks like you’ve either moved/resized a partition or created a new one, can you please be more specific about what you’ve done?

Mukesh Lekhak
    Participant

Sorry for late reply Jonathan

My aim was to remove the android from the tablet and increase the size available in the c drive but in the process i accidently deleted recovery and other partition and now i am seeing that screen which i have attached https://goo.gl/BDEkhV

I have tried the suggestion you have told me to do but still there is same problem.

Jonathan
    Participant

Just do a fresh install of Windows.

Mukesh Lekhak
    Participant

I am unable to do that as i cannot boot it from USB drive.

Please  see the video ( https://goo.gl/KU22wO ) in which i have captured everything i can see in the setting and also please suggest me how to install windows from the USB device as i have been trying to do so by referencing different video’s and guides but none worked for me.

Jonathan
    Participant

To create a Windows 10 32-bit installation flash drive you will need:

1. A USB flash drive that is at least 4GB.
    2. A modern Windows PC with at least 8GB space free.
    The procedure is as follows:
    1. Visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
    2. Scroll down until you see the blue “Download tool now” box and click it.
    3. Plug the flash drive you want to use into your PC.
    4. When MediaCreationTool.exe has finished downloading run it.
    5. At the “User Account Control” dialogue click Yes.
    6. If you agree to the terms and conditions “Accept” them, if not we can go no further.
    7. Select “Create installation media for another PC”, click next.
    8. Untick the “Use the recommended options for this PC” checkbox.
    9. Select the “Language” yo want.
    10. Select “Edition” as “Windows 10”.
    11. Select “Architecture” as “32-bit (x86)”.
    12. Click next and if a pop-up about making sure you have the right edition appears click “OK”.
    13. Select “USB flash drive”, click next.
    14. Select the USB flash drive that you want to use, click next.
    15. Wait, for the task to complete, this can take a long time (there will probably be a ~4GB download).
    16. Click finish and wait for the Media Creation Tool to clean up and close.
    17. Safely eject your USB flash drive.

Jonathan
    Participant

Turn off your tablet and plug your Windows installation USB flash disk into your tablet.

Attach a keyboard, the docking one is fine.

Turn on your tablet and press escape to get to your UEFI BIOS option screen, the thing with the 6 options.

Select “Boot manager”.

Select your USB flash drive and press enter.

Alternatively, if your tablet is at the EFI shell (the screen you currently get at start up):

Plug in your USB flash drive and the keyboard if not allready connected.

When you can type (there will be a delay) type reset<enter>.

When you get back to the EFI shell find your USB flash drive by typing:

1. map -b<enter>
    2. If you get a 0 instead of m in the above step then press Fn and insert to turn off NumLock. Then try again.
    3. Make a note of the fs devices e.g. fs0, fs1 etc.
    4. For every fs device try “dir fs0:\”, ” dir fs1:\” etc. Followed by enter until you find one that has the Windows USB drive (autorun.inf, bootmgr, bootmgr.efi, setup.exe …).
    5. With the correct fs device found above type: fs?:\efi\boot\bootia32.efi<enter>. For example fs0 would be: fs0:\efi\boot\bootia32.efi<enter>
    6. You should boot up to Windows setup.

Mukesh Lekhak
    Participant

thank you Jonathan for helping me out it really worked

Jonathan
    Participant

You’re welcome, glad I could help 🙂

kyagaba cliff evans
    Participant

hey guys, i need your help.my keyboard and usb ports are locked and my tablet is stuck in safe mode and the touch doesnot work too.what can i do to rectify this?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar