Need some help/opinions

Need some help/opinions

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Need some help/opinions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Graeme
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I’m new to these Chinese made tablets, but they seem to provide pretty good value and functionality for the money.  After looking at many, reading tonnes of reviews and then looking at my budget I think that the Cube I6 seems to be the way that I am leaning, but I really really wish that it had an HDMI out.

So my question.  Is there another tablet with similar build quality, functionality and cost that you would recommend that also has an HDMI out?  Or is there a way to mod something?  Or should I just buy an I6 and live without the HDMI?

Thanks!

Evan
    Participant

The Teclast X98 Air might do what you need. It’s got HDMI out, it’s got more memory (if I remember correctly the I6 only comes with 32GB; the X98 Air comes in 32GB and 64GB versions), and it’s very popular (so there’s lots of support from other people who have them, since Chinese manufacturers can’t be relied upon for much support).

Graeme
    Participant

I’ve looked at it….just not convinced by it for some reason.

Just to throw another thought in this.  Something with good build quality etc etc….but has both 3G and HDMI?

Evan
    Participant

The X98 Air 3G has 3G (obviously) and HDMI…

The general view seems to be that the Teclast ones tick all the boxes for features, but don’t always implement those very well. The stock Android ROM is a bit bloated, the screen on the X10 HD is poor in sunlight, etc. Whereas the other manufacturers sometimes do one thing very, very well (eg. having an excellent Android stock ROM) but then go and mess up one thing badly (dual-OS tablets with 32GB flash are really a mistake).

The other one I’ve been looking at is a second-hand Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130. That’s a far more powerful system (Core i5, 8GB RAM, a real SSD instead of an eMMC). Unlike pretty much any other tablet, Dell has left a few user-replaceable parts, so you can get one without 3G (3G versions are rare) and drop a 3G card into it. The downside is that it’s a Windows tablet, and efforts to make it run Android have not been very successful so far.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar