New ROMs for MiPad2

New ROMs for MiPad2

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Pad Series New ROMs for MiPad2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dirkblaster
    Participant

The MIUI forum has had some activity, with a RemixOS ROM and a new AURA rom (you will need to create accounts in order to see the hidden files):

RemixOS: http://en.miui.com/thread-324296-1-1.html or http://en.miui.com/thread-322623-1-1.html

AURA: http://en.miui.com/thread-325531-1-1.html

I’ve given the RemixOS a try and it’s looooots smoother than stock MIUI, the only bugs appear to be Youtube (have to manually add the APK to /system/app), hardware keys don’t light up and the smart cover doesn’t work anymore.

Have just downloaded AURA ROM and will report back, but it apparently fixes the Bootloader 03 error every startup if you’ve unlocked your bootloader

Dirkblaster
    Participant

Okay, massive headache installing using the supplied batch file with the AURA rom, managed to temporarily brick my device but was luckily able to restore using the DNX fastboot method (phew! Thanks Chris)

I’ve extracted the files and ran the following commands from the batch file manually:

(Assuming you already have oem unlock)

1: Go into Fastboot
    2: fastboot flash data  %~dp0images\userdata.img
    3: fastboot flash system  %~dp0images\system.img
    4: fastboot flash boot  %~dp0images\boot_init_d.img
    5: fastboot flash recovery  %~dp0images\new_twrp_2.8.7.3_mtp_bootloader.img
    6: fastboot flash bootloader  %~dp0images\bootloader2.img
    7: fastboot flash oemvars %~dp0\platform-tools\oemvars.txt
    8: fastboot flash oemvars %~dp0\platform-tools\oemvars-battery-config-fake.txt
    9: fastboot flash oemvars %~dp0\platform-tools\oemvars-battery-config-fake-disabled.txt

%~dp0 is the path up to the directory you extracted the files to

Dirkblaster
    Participant

AURA runs like a dream, exactly what the tablet should have launched with. No lag and butter smooth on everything I’ve run so far (I’m not a heavy gamer, so take that with a grain of salt), multitasking is worlds better and there are no issues with Youtube like the RemixOS rom. All the MIUI features like smart cover and read mode work. It’s working so well I’m happy staying with MIUI rather than adding on a different launcher.  The included bootloader removes the error 03 on startup from having a custom rom and they’ve even included a new TWRP recovery that looks a lot nicer on the tablet form factor (nice touch!). Amazing job considering the state it was in just a few weeks ago where apparently nobody had source or a way to develop for this tablet.

Only bug I’ve found so far is that when you install new apps the icons don’t appear until after the launcher refreshes (usually a reboot, or by changing a setting that forces a launcher redraw).

Mark Williams
    Participant

Do either one of these ROMs include  Google Play Store access?

Dirkblaster
    Participant

Remix has steps included for manually flashing OpenGapps, the AURA rom has play store built in

Johan Israelsson
    Participant

I flashed The Aura rom today.  What a Great Rom! My mipad 2 came with Windows 10 (as I ordered), but I didnt like it. To slow and The screen is too small for Windows. So I flashed first To original China stable MIUI rom, which also is good.  Then after that I tried The remix 2. Also good but I missed for example smartcover lock,  readmode and “doubletap to wake”. And it had problems with Youtube and booting-error.  AURA is best so far!  Really fast and great features,  I really like my mipad much more now than when I first got it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password