New version of Windows 10 – 1511 – build 10586

New version of Windows 10 – 1511 – build 10586

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion New version of Windows 10 – 1511 – build 10586

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Andreas 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

resane
    Participant

Hello guys, it was released the new version of Windows 10 in 1511 build 10586
    You know how to update the Chuwi vi10? I can not just try to update stops and restarts back to the previous version.
    It ‘also happened when I tried to install Windows 10 on Windows 8 and I had to install it again without updating.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, So it will not update? The Tablet I have updated to 10586 is my Surface Pro 4 M3, it took a long time to do it but worked in the end being an MS product and all. But it did fail the first time.

Maybe try again?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Robert McKinnon
    Participant

Use the Windows 10 update repair tool here is the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-10.

I have been updated through the Fast Ring insider program for a couple of days.

Rob

resane
    Participant

I tried it twice and not working.
    I have the same problem as when I tried to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. To put Windows 10 on my tablet I had to reinstall from scratch and install some drivers.
    Unfortunately, when you are installing stops and restarts and reads: “Return to the previous version of Windows.”
    No one of the solutions to avoid reinstall everything?

Joe
    Participant

Same issue here (made a thread for this but no replies). Upgrading to 10586 from 10576 hangs up at 40%. Have tried a couple times. Also did a full factory wipe of Windows 10 last night and tried it again, same issue. Hangs indefinitely at 40%, after force rebooting it, it rolls back to previous version.

I’ll try the Update Repair Tool now and report back.

sirdrak
    Participant

Same issue here (made a thread for this but no replies). Upgrading to 10586 from 10576 hangs up at 40%. Have tried a couple times. Also did a full factory wipe of Windows 10 last night and tried it again, same issue. Hangs indefinitely at 40%, after force rebooting it, it rolls back to previous version.

I’ll try the Update Repair Tool now and report back.

Same here on my Onda V975W and my Intel Compute stick, both with Atom Baytrail Z3735F… My Cube i7 Stylus and two Core 2 Duo Pcs upgraded without problems. Microsoft says that it’s microSD/SD card related. The upgrade is best to do without microSD inserted on the tablet. I’m trying to upgrade both tablets again just now…

Anonymous

(sidenote: went along to kids foot locker in case they had a sneaker that accidentally was wide enough. Basket New Balance 574 It had been among those moments where Tucker’s SB smacked me with a backlash. I spotted I probably wouldn’t ever be buying New Balance 574 Pas Cher some of the people cute little grover shoes.

The Mini Olympics Games event that takes place in our town is amongst the various reasons that families with New Balance 890 V3 young kids are drawn to settle here. Our city hosts many activities all year round, for individuals coming from all ages, many methods from hockey tournaments and carnivals in the winter, to soccer and swimming competitions in the summertime. Nevertheless the highlight of this year is definitiely the Mini Olympics Games!.

Remise New Balance New Balance Soldes New Balance 373 Femme

Joe
    Participant

No such luck: I ran the Update Repair Tool, it claimed to have solved some problems, and said to try my recent updates again. I re-ran the 10586 update process again, and it has hung up at 40% (main progress circle), 23% (lower area, “Installing features and drivers”).

sirdrak
    Participant

No such luck: I ran the Update Repair Tool, it claimed to have solved some problems, and said to try my recent updates again. I re-ran the 10586 update process again, and it has hung up at 40% (main progress circle), 23% (lower area, “Installing features and drivers”).

Confirmed… The problem was the microSD…. Just do the update without microSD inserted and all ok.

Joe
    Participant

Excellent! I’m downloading the update again and will try without my SD card inserted. Will report back

Joe
    Participant

Confirmed: running the update with microSD card removed was successful; I’ll remember to do that on all future updates. Thanks!

resane
    Participant

I do not have micro sd and I just can not. I have 8 GB of free space on the memory.

I tried again to install, it stops at “copying files”, not just to install the “functionality and drivers” will reboot and return to the previous version of Windows.

Joe
    Participant

sounds like you may not have enough free space for the install, but that’s just a guess. can you try uninstalling prog’s, or if you’ve also upgraded before, do the windows Free Up Disk Space utility, go to Advanced, and remove just about everything in the option list… the main thing in there will be “previous version of Windows”, which will be a few GB.

Andreas
    Participant

Hi,
    i have a problem.
    I update my windows. for that i need space. so i delete all my apps and disable the swap file.
    after hours of updates the tab boot again.
    but now i cant click the start button and lot of other things not work. nothing happens.
    the tab starts in “tablet mode” an i cant change it because nothing open.
    it was possible to enable the swap file but nothing change.
    any ideas ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password