New(er) Android build in the wild (20160412)

New(er) Android build in the wild (20160412)

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate New(er) Android build in the wild (20160412)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jetfin
    Participant

I ran accross this newer android build and decided to take it for a spin.

Since there is no official OTA available on the stock supplied Android build that I have (20160302) and Cube tablet does not seem to have officially released a newer build I was curious to see what this apparently “latest” build is all about.

Most important to note is that the blog article linked to above has a misleading title, as this newer build is NOT lollipop 5.1.1, but still 5.1.

I have attached a screenshot of the details page where you can see Android version, build information (20160412), kernel version, etc…

There does not seem to be much different with this April 12th build. The main differences from the 20160302 build which my device shipped with are:

• Slightly debloated (doesn’t have some of the chinese apps my device shipped with)
    • No play store/services framework
    • Different boot animation (not the Chinese Cube text animation but text “TOPWING”)
    • Different device ID (TY-1010 instead of i15-T in the March 2nd build)
    • No “reboot to windows” shortcut on home screen/app drawer. (but it does remain on the power button menu)

See attached screenshots of the new boot animation and the app drawer.

I played around with this version for a few hours and aside from the things mentioned I do not really see any noticeable improvements/changes and as already stated, this is NOT android 5.1.1

Personally I have gone back to my Stock deodexed & debloated version of the March 2nd build, which along with a proper OpenGapps Pico installation has become my preferred daily driver on this nice tablet. I’ll consider updating when there is a more serious and preferably official update.

Would be nice if cube released an Android 5.1.1 build with all the latest Android security patches…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cube iWork 10 Ultimate Android hacking & development discussion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/t/iwork-10

jetfin
    Participant

No “reboot to windows” shortcut on home screen/app drawer. (but it does remain on the power button menu)

— added to OP

Cube iWork 10 Ultimate Android hacking & development discussion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/t/iwork-10

dlink377
    Participant

I am not really sure it is original from Cube or just the ODM supplied firmware.

I guess I will just wait from next version. I don’t really like to update something when it is not broken, or not much change log.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password