Nice 8″ tablet with GPS and FM radio

Nice 8″ tablet with GPS and FM radio

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Nice 8″ tablet with GPS and FM radio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Doug Lung
    Participant

I was looking for a replacement for my Teclast M89, found the Lenovo Tab M8 FHD (TB-8705F) on sale and ordered one. It arrived in five days. I haven’t been able to measure performance and ports are lacking (no HDMI, only micro-USB and headphone), but for the money it was worth it for the great GPS, FM radio, micro-SD slot (up to 1 TB supported) and 1920×1200 display. I was happy to find this as there doesn’t seem to be a lot of reliable options in the 8″ tablet area unless you’re willing to accept a 1280×720 display or pay double the price for a Samsung (although with more features). We’ll see how this one holds up and whether Lenovo actually rolls out updates to the November Android Pie its running now. So far, so good.

— Doug

Doug Lung
    Participant

It turns out Lenovo is rolling out OTA updates to the unit. Recently the tablet was upgraded to Android 10. Settings shows the current software version is TB-8705F_RF01_201015 and kernel version is 4.9.190+ (Oct 15, 2020).

My tablet is still working fine, with excellent battery life and, so far, the screen (no protector) hasn’t shown any scratches even though Lenovo does not claim it is Gorilla glass.

Bredyy
    Participant

Hello friends . This online radio service has revolutionized my music routine. The personalized recommendations are spot-on, adapting to my ever-changing moods. The station variety is impressive, ensuring there’s a perfect soundtrack for every occasion. The seamless integration with social media platforms https://liveradioau.com/ allows for easy sharing of favorite tracks. If you want a tailored musical experience that evolves with you, this service is a must-try.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar