No longer able to boot to Android – SOLVED

No longer able to boot to Android – SOLVED

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion No longer able to boot to Android – SOLVED

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Bubbah
    Participant

Many thanks to you needabottle! I was in the exact same situation with no more boot selector (I obviously must have cleared the check mark beside the top icons a some stage, then booted to Windows). I was about to take some drastic and desperate mesure but saw your solution just on time and everything’s back to normal now!

WaltT
    Participant

I received my X98 Plus yesterday and managed to get it locked into Windows only boot last night.  I’ve been searching for a solution and came upon this post.  I just followed the instructions and it worked like a charm.  Thanks a lot for posting the solution.

cajetan8
    Participant

needabottle – you’re a lifesaver!!!

booted into windows by accident and could not get back to android, had 1 hour before my flight n all my media were on the Android part, with your tips got back in +1 sir!

Hari Sersic
    Participant

For me solution was to f and then  hold all three buttons on the side and in maybe 60 second I had on the screen option to turn on dual boot again.

Thats it 🙂

Oleg
    Participant

in cube iwork12 i solved the same problem. In GPT (partitions table) of disk, the first two partitions is switched places. it is necessary to specify the first android_bootloader and second android_bootloader2

I use gpt fdisk for this manipulations in windows

Ze-Bob
    Participant

Hello, I just read this topic with great interest, I have a Pipo X10 and I too have a problem with the menu that has disappeared.
    I can switch between OS by the “OS Switch” in each one, but never see the boot menu option.
    Partitions repartition seems to be good.
    Here are pictures to explain a little.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dominik
    Participant

To enable/disable the boot-menu:

go to windows -> press start -> type “command prompt” -> right click -> run as administrator -> run the following command:

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes

Same thing if you want to deactivate it:

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu no

found here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/teclast-tbook-restore-dual-boot-menu/42df64a9-98bc-490b-af0c-d11df7202e3d

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar