[SOLVED] No screen display after a fresh windows 10 install

[SOLVED] No screen display after a fresh windows 10 install

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book [SOLVED] No screen display after a fresh windows 10 install

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Oriol
    Participant

Dear all,

I need your help to solve my problem.

I decided to install a fresh windows 10 education version. I thought that I will reinstall the drivers AFTER the install. So I created a win 10 version bootable in the USB flash drive using Rufus software without my i7 book drivers. All the installation process was good. I saw the screen display screen during all install process.

The battery was out without install all the new drivers. So I charged the tablet but now I have nothing on screen. My charger works but nothing occurs on the screen. I can’t do nothing without screen.

How can I restore my tablet?

I need your help, please

Best regards

Oriol

Likoum
    Participant

Do you have the cube logo during the boot ? (the blue chinese text)

Do you have anything plugged in the USB-C port ?

What is the color of the status LED ?

You may have the default video output set to something weird in the UEFI if you have done the install of windows while plugged in a monitor. You have a reset pin hole next to the power button (this is not a mic), it will force the UEFI back to it’s factory setting. Give it a try ..

Oriol
    Participant

Thank you Likoum for your answer!

I have bought a usb-c to hdmi adapter and now I have tablet display via usb to another screen. I can see the CUBE logo boot and I can entry to win10 desktop but the tablet screen doesn’t work.

How is the correct way to install the drivers that I downloaded from Techtablets ???

When I have to push the reset pin hole ? In the windows desktop ? in the boot menu ?

thanks again

Oriol

Likoum
    Participant

When you are in W10 using the HDMI output, press [Windows]+P to bring up the projection menu. Select “Extended” or “Duplicate” options and wait a few seconds. If the tablet screen goes ON and displays something, then it’s just something that is messed up in the UEFI. If the tablet screen does not wake up, you have a bigger issue.

If it’s the UEFI, there is somewhere in the UEFI an option to select the default primary screen. It’s probably set to HDMI or something like that. I can take a look at the good value this evening if need be.

Andrew W
    Participant

what about doing a reinstall but insert the drivers into the image file before installing?

I had to do this for Win10 Pro but my screen works with generic drivers.

You might also need to convert the install.esd to install.wim

this is most easily accomplished on another win 10 install.

Andrew W
    Participant

<hr />

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/commercialize/manufacture/desktop/add-and-remove-drivers-to-an-offline-windows-image

Inject Drivers to Windows 10 Install Media

How to convert install.esd to install.wim

Now this does take a while to convert a wim to esd… esd to wim is quite fast though.

do you even need to convert it back to an .esd i don’t know???

Oriol
    Participant

thank you Likoum and others for your answers!!!

When I do WINDOWS + P, I have a black screen in Tablet when I select extended screen option. In other words, I can extend or duplicate my screens but black screen on Tablet.

I tried to search display option in my BIOS settings but My secondary screen display freeze and it is imposible to search where is this display option…

Can you investigate where is this display option in BIOS and which option are selected, please ????

I have also the USB option disabled in boot menu… But when I’m inside windows 10,  I can put a USB A type in my usb-c adapter

thanks a lot

Oriol

Likoum
    Participant

Unfortunately if you have no screen display while doing Win+P –> Extended or Duplicate, then you probably have a hardware issue of some kind …

Did you try to reinstall windows from your Win10 bootable drive ?

Oriol
    Participant

I downloaded a win 10 education version from an official Windows page.

Do I have to download the win 10 from cube-tablet web page and install this version?

Likoum
    Participant

No it’s just to check if you have the tablet screen working while booting on the USB pen drive ?

Oriol
    Participant

I have no tablet screen display when I boot from a USB windows pen bootable. I can watch my other screen via USB-c adapter.

I also try to reinstall WIN10 dowloaded from the official Cube webpage. I successfully reinstalled this WIN10 but black screen in my tablet screen.

It’s very strange because my stylus works when its is near screen ! I can draw, select with my stylus !!!

The first fresh WIN10 installation that I did, it could change any BIOS parameter related to screen display???

Thanks a lot

Benjiro
    Participant

Sound a lot like a driver issue but normally a generic driver is supposed to run. The fact that the stylus works ( it means the watcom driver loaded ) and you can boot up to extend your display. Did you try installing the cube display driver from your extended screen? Are you running the windows 10, 1 year anniversary version? Or the “older” original windows 10.

Other option is that possible the hardware screen connection cable got lose? There have been a few reports of people getting flickers because the connection cable became lose ( and when moving / turning, fixed or create problems ). But seeing as this started right after your reinstall points to a pure driver issue.

I hate that the F8 does not work anymore with Windows 10 + SSD/UEFI.

Other option is to reboot with your windows 10 install usb stick active, boot up into recovery mode and try to install the drivers from there…

Oriol
    Participant

Finally, my screen display works again without do anything.

I can’t explain this miracle….  I just leave the tablet without touching it during one week or more. Yesterday I started again and “Abracadabra” the screen display worked again.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Sincerely,

Oriol

kikete
    Participant

Hello everyone. First I’m sorry. I write very badly in English.

If you do not mind, I would like to take this forum thread, the question asked by Oriol:

How is the correct way to install the drivers That I downloaded from Techtablets ???

I am very interested to know how to do it because I like to do a clean installation of Windows and then install the drives techtablets, but I see the folders and no executable files inside.

Thank you all

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar