No SDXC-card working under Windows 10

No SDXC-card working under Windows 10

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum No SDXC-card working under Windows 10

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andy
    Participant

Hi

After about 5 days all my SDXC Card (Lexar microSDXC II 128GB – 1000x, exFAT-formatted) stopped working with my tablet. Device stillappeared in device list but was not accesible anymore.  Device manager needed 5 minutes to start as soon as card was in my tablet.

I exchanged for a new Trascend Premium microSDXC 64GB 400x, exFAT-formatted with exactelly the same result.

I tried reinstalling all possible windows 10 drivers for the X98 Pro but can not achive my SDXC-Cards to work a s a normal drive nor anything else.

Anybody has an idea how to slove this ?

Cheers,

Andy

Chris
    Participant

format to ntfs, only format what works for me on both windows and android.

Andy
    Participant

@Chris
    Thanks for your reply. I tried with both cards exFAT as well as NTFS. It makes no difference.

I’m now testing a 32GB SDHD card as I think the problem is with the drivers that come with Win10.

Andy
    Participant

Meanwhile tested with several SDHD-Cards, all work perfectly (any size, filesystem). It seems that the SD-Hostcontroller driver is causing the issues. I changed it to “SDA compatible SD Host adapter”. Still SDHD works SDXD don’t work

Any ideas / solutions ?

Chris
    Participant

Meanwhile tested with several SDHD-Cards, all work perfectly (any size, filesystem). It seems that the SD-Hostcontroller driver is causing the issues. I changed it to “SDA compatible SD Host adapter”. Still SDHD works SDXD don’t work Any ideas / solutions ?

Hey Andy I replied before but for some reason the message didn’t get posted. I have a 64gb sdxc which works fine in windows with any formatting but needed to be ntfs to be seen and usable in android. Have done a fresh install for windows? I thought there were drivers on this site for windows, have you tried them all? Maybe windows 10 in automatically updating your drivers I have had that problem on other machines and had to turn that off and rollback my drivers) I can take a look at my driver and possibly upload it somewhere if that might help

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m using a Samsung Evo micro sd card 64 GB works fine for both windows and android in NTFS format

Andy
    Participant

@All
    Thanks for your replies. No, I have not installed Win10 freshly, just using it as it came from Teclast. Drivers do update, however ther is no specific SD-Hostcontroller driver avaliable that is newer then the on included.

I don’t care if the card is visible/usable under Android as I primarely using Win10 and the 32GB on-board for Android is okay for me.

I guess I give up and just use my 32GB SDGD card.

@Smartrich

Are you using a microSDHD or microSDXD card from Samsung?

@Chris

Can you please tell me what type and version of SD-Drivers are installed on your Win10? Thanks.

Chris
    Participant

@Chris Thanks for your reply. I tried with both cards exFAT as well as NTFS. It makes no difference. I’m now testing a 32GB SDHD card as I think the problem is with the drivers that come with Win10.

Oh sorry in that case I don’t know what to suggest. It works fine for me and I have changed no drivers. Did you reinstall windows? I think there are drivers linked on this site which you could try. I have had problems with windows 10 and drivers in the past, when that happens I have turned off automatic driver update and gone the the offending device and rolled back the driver. That has solved a few problems for me. If you are using android as well does it work there? Again I suggest NTFS if you will use windows and android as I had trouble with every other formatting type.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve had also a similar problem.
    I have SDXC card Transcend Premium 400x 64GB (NTFS formatted) and it worked in my Teclast X98 Pro in Windows and Android correctly for some time. Then the card stopped working in Windows at once, in Android still works. I’ve tried another card Transcend SDHC 16GB in Windows and it works. SDXC just didn’t.
    Solution:
    I installed the DoubleDriver and I restored all drivers. I used the drivers backup from this web downloads from the October 22nd . Then I disable Windows drivers update as well. After restart my SDXC card works again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar