No UPDATE IFWI in X98 Air 3G / Air II Rom

No UPDATE IFWI in X98 Air 3G / Air II Rom

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot No UPDATE IFWI in X98 Air 3G / Air II Rom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Rob St Lezin
    Participant

hello,

I’m trying to follow your youtube video for flashing dual boot on teclast air ii/3g from Android. Only I do not have updateIFWI on my tablet. Can you help please?

Oguz Kekec
    Participant

Here’s is it – just rename the ext. to .apk

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rob St Lezin
    Participant

Hey thanks!

Oguz Kekec
    Participant

Your welcome 🙂

Art Maker
    Participant

hi, I have the c5j6 wich did not have this apk with the original rom, but I installed the apk as Oguz said and it runs ok. so anyway, before flashing the bios under android I would like to know if someone with C5j6 has flashed the bios in the way I’m trying, is it possible to do that? I am worried about why this model doesn’t have this updateifwi.apk. I really do not want to brick my tablet, so please somebody tell me if it is safe what I am trying to do.

Chris G
    Keymaster

So it worked, you might need root to. If not you can also flash the original v2.00 rom and use the UpdateIFWI in the rom. If I find some time I will post up a guide on this. And recovering from a failed flash using the USB eprom programmer (Worse case scenario!)

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Raymond Hull
    Participant

Where can I get a bin file to use with updateIFWI that will update an x98 Air3g with android only, no dual boot? I like the extra memory available for android without the windows partition. I want to update from Android 4.4.4 to Lolipop.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Where can I get a bin file to use with updateIFWI that will update an x98 Air3g with android only, no dual boot? I like the extra memory available for android without the windows partition. I want to update from Android 4.4.4 to Lolipop.

You need to flash a custom rom for that that partitions the whole device with Android. Download Mirek190 v4.2 rom and then using the installer bat select full partition Android only. The download is in the X98 Air downloads section of the site.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Anonymous
    Inactive

Borrowing the thread abit.

I’ve just reflashed my whole x98 air 3g and I downloaded the UpdateIFWI.apk linked in this thread. I also grabbed a x98air3gduala.bin from the download section.

The issue being, nothing seems to happen. It’s been on “Upgrading, this may take a few minutes” for about an hour or so? What might I do wrong?

I’m on a Teclast x98 air 3G c9j7 and I’m on “X98 Air 3G 4.4.4(C9Jx) Mirek190″.

Regards.

Edit 11.09 UTC +0100 : Still on “upgrading”. Nothing is frozen.. Just wont complete..

Laco Dekany
    Participant

You need to flash a custom rom for that that partitions the whole device with Android. Download Mirek190 v4.2 rom and then using the installer bat select full partition Android only. The download is in the X98 Air downloads section of the site.

Im on the same ship, want to upgrade to MIREK190 v4.2.  from Android stock. I have C5J6 version)

I downloaded the files, but:
    Do I need to start the process from TABLET, from windows? (run number 1., then number 2, than the .bat file?
    Or I have to connect the desktop PC with tablet and go to DTK (or what is its name) mode?
    I saw several tutorials, and Im just not sure.
    And before this, do I need to check the BIOS version to have 2.02?

Thanks for answer

semper
    Participant

Hi.

I did like in the Youtube video the install new Rom. The process started but failed at 73%.

Now I still have dualboot working, but when I boot with android, it seems that the system failed, and I have no more IFWI. Windows 8.1 is working well.

I still have access to recovery boot….

How can I install and android ROM ?

xloupas
    Participant

Here’s is it – just rename the ext. to .apk

Thanks needed that apk mine also didn’t have the update ifwi apk

hossein
    Participant

hello .how backup android bios?

DHMHTRHS GIANNAKHS
    Participant

hello everybody. I flashed dual bios windows and android through windows 8 on teclast X10 hd 3g AND NOW it doesn’t open at all? No boot screen no bios setup no nothing it seems to power on micro usb light turns blue the black

any help????

Fussball
    Participant

How do you install the ifwi apk file on the X98 from the link?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password