Notebook suggestions

Notebook suggestions

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Notebook suggestions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris G 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

riahim
    Participant

I’m looking to buy a new laptop and was wondering if anyone had some recommendations. The one I have currently is a gaming laptop but the battery is complete crap now and the laptop itself is pretty heavy. I want to sell it and buy a new lightweight travel laptop. Will mainly be used for everyday tasks and no gaming. Might use engineering programs if it can run them. I have 2 budgets in mind. What do you recommend for $500 or less? What about for $800 or less? Also, I looked into the chuwi se, air, and the telcast f5 and f7. Which is the best out of these if I go this route? Thanks!

Chris G
    Keymaster

For light tasks the Chuwi Lapbook SE I have for the price I paid $269 is great. I’m using it now with no issues fully time here in New Zealand. However, the N4100 is a weak chipset so not sure it will run engineering programs well. I’ve also tweaked my power limts and done a copper heatsink mod on my.

The F5 is good for the weight and size. But weak battery life about half of my lapbook SE and Teclast F7 at only 4 hours on wifi.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: ONE-NETBOOK One Mix 2S & AllDoCube X
    Currently testing: Chuwi Hi9 Plus + Keyboard, Mi Mix 3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password