Nox App Player – new android emulator

Nox App Player – new android emulator

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums i7 Core M / i7 Stylus Discussion Nox App Player – new android emulator

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kamal
    Participant

Hello everyone.

Since the I7 Stylus doesn’t support Dual Boot, I’ve been looking for a good android emulator.

Unfortunately AMIduos doesn’t seem to be performing well, and an XDA member suggested to try NOX APP PLAYER. I tried it on my old i5 HP laptop and it’s running pretty fine!

http://www.bignox.com/en

Let me know what you think about it and how it performs on your tablets

vfoster
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up! I installed Nox and instantly fell in love with it. I uninstalled Andy (I uninstalled AmiDUOS and BlueStacks long ago). Nox runs really well on my i7 Stylus. There’ve been a few hiccups and slowdowns, but so far, it still seems miles ahead of the other offerings out there. Not to mention, I’ve only used it on Low performance settings (there is a Low, Medium, and High setting that I think controls performance).

For one, getting root access on Nox is as easy as flipping a switch. I couldn’t understand why on a freaking Android emulator for PCs there was no straightforward or built in root access

BlueStacks seemed okay at first, but forcing me to install apps I don’t want is rubbish. AmiDUOS annoyed me and I can’t remember why. I wasn’t above paying for it, but it wasn’t worth paying for in my opinion. Andy was a nice free option, but every time it was updated, it completely wiped out all my apps and settings. Also, since I don’t use Facebook, giving feedback or contacting the developers was impossible. So far, I’m really happy with the ease of use and setup and really clean design of Nox.

Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

sean
    Participant

few apps and games I found that worked on other emulators forced closed on this.

Overall these emulators fall short.

Kamal
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up! I installed Nox and instantly fell in love with it. I uninstalled Andy (I uninstalled AmiDUOS and BlueStacks long ago). Nox runs really well on my i7 Stylus. There’ve been a few hiccups and slowdowns, but so far, it still seems miles ahead of the other offerings out there. Not to mention, I’ve only used it on Low performance settings (there is a Low, Medium, and High setting that I think controls performance). For one, getting root access on Nox is as easy as flipping a switch. I couldn’t understand why on a freaking Android emulator for PCs there was no straightforward or built in root access BlueStacks seemed okay at first, but forcing me to install apps I don’t want is rubbish. AmiDUOS annoyed me and I can’t remember why. I wasn’t above paying for it, but it wasn’t worth paying for in my opinion. Andy was a nice free option, but every time it was updated, it completely wiped out all my apps and settings. Also, since I don’t use Facebook, giving feedback or contacting the developers was impossible. So far, I’m really happy with the ease of use and setup and really clean design of Nox. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

You’re welcome.

I haven’t received my i7 stylus yet, so I’m testing these emulators on my main laptop (DELL XPS 15 – i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD). Obviously I don’t expect similar performance on a Core M tablet, but it gives an idea of the potential of the emulator.

AmiDUOS was slow and sluggish even with these high end specs.

NOX is running simply great. I actually noticed mEmu (http://www.xyaz.cn/en/) has a faster startup, but it’s android 4.2.2, and looks less polished with less settings.

Let us know your experience over time.

sean
    Participant
    Kamal
    Participant
    Justin Brown
    Participant

A faster Android emulator Genymotion is an Android emulator for building and testing great Android apps. It’s fast, simple and powerful.

altas more
    Participant

i am not using this new nox app player. i using bluestacks  app right now but i will try once

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password