NTFS? ExFAT?

NTFS? ExFAT?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian
    Participant

@ ImADev

Thanks for trying to give the Hi8 a solution for being able to mount exFAT and NTFS.
    But sadly your soultion won’t work. When trying to flash the zip there is a “! Error: unzip failed” with a “Status 3”.
    Perhaps you could point the error out?

Kind regards
    Sebastian

ImADev
    Participant

It could be due to the version of busybox being used on your device.

I’ve attached a version to this post that I’ve compressed and signed a little differently. Please let me know if it works for you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sebastian
    Participant

Thank you so much mate 🙂
    This version works like a charm and the exFAT microSD gets mounted without any problems 🙂

Now i must step to the next thing on my to do list: Looking for a way to get a recovery to work with the Hi8.
    Always having to use a tethered one is akward.

Thank you so much again
    Sebastian

arshad
    Participant

Thank you so much mate :)<noscript>:)</noscript>This version works like a charm and the exFAT microSD gets mounted without any problems :)<noscript>:)</noscript>Now i must step to the next thing on my to do list: Looking for a way to get a recovery to work with the Hi8. Always having to use a tethered one is akward. Thank you so much again Sebastian

Hi Sebastian, wow, I’m glad there’s a solution that works! I think based off of this post, I will finally go ahead and order the Chuwi Hi8. But I’m afraid, after reading the previous post and link by ImADev and not being super technical, I’m very confused. Would you mind writing out a short guide as to what we have to do to a brand new out-of-the-box Chuwi Hi8 in order to achieve the same result? I would be incredibly grateful.

Sebastian
    Participant

Hi arshad,

of course i will 😉
    Eventhough it’s not a real guide but more off “posting my way how it worked” becuase it seems that many people get different results when trying to root the Hi8.
    But this is my way of rooting (ans enabling exFAT and NTFS afterwards):

For getting root i really just simply followed the rooting process mentioned here: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/chuwi-vi10-root-attempts/#post-5850
    I had absolutely no problems with it. The rooting process workes just fine and i even didn’t have to install any drivers to do so.
    Afterwards i copied ImADev’s file to the tablet, started the “launcher.bat” of the “IntelAndroid-FBRL-01-17-2015” directoy again, again typed “ACCEPT” and “T3”, choosed “install zip” when the recovery was loaded and pointed to ImADev’s file. Afterwards just select the reboot option in the tethered recovery and that’s ist 😉

Hope it helps 🙂

Kind regards
    Sebastian

Raqtor
    Participant

Been hoping for Chuwi to release some kind of update or something but I see that it will never happen. Guess android isn’t really just android and it doesn’t seem to have any standards.

Then I have to only watch TV shows on my tablet since it can’t store a movie. Or does anyone know of a good player for windows that can play good quality movies on the Hi8? .. VLC plays fine on android but haven’t found anything on the windows side that can play movies smoothly.

Sebastian
    Participant

That’s not quiet correctly 😉
    Android on the Hi8 seems to be quiet like stock android but it seems as if Chuwi simply didn’t implement some “naturally android features” because of
    saving the licensing costs. That’s the only explantation for not implementing NTFS and exFat which both should be running fine on stock android.

Because of smooth playback: I don’t have any problems with playback on my Hi8. On android side i’m using MX Player with custom codec that decodes DTS and on windows side i’m using KM Player. Both do their job absolut without any issue. And even 1080p files run extreme smoothly without any stuttering.

Kind regads
    Sebastian

arshad
    Participant

thanks very much for taking the time Sebastian! There’s a couple of points there that my non-technical self is still a bit confused on, but I will wait for my tablet to arrive and I will try some trial and error before bothering you any further!

Sebastian
    Participant

@ arshad

You’re welcome!
    Fell free to ask your questions when the time has come.
    For me that’s what a community is there for 😉

It could be due to the version of busybox being used on your device. I’ve attached a version to this post that I’ve compressed and signed a little differently. Please let me know if it works for you.

Something that i just recognized:
    It will only work to mount NTFS/exFAT microSD card when it’s inserted while booting.
    When you let android unmount the card (e.g. for adding files) and insert the card back into the Hi8 the card won’t be mounted again.
    You have to reboot to mount it again.
    I was thinking that your file adds some kind of “universal NTFS/exFAT drivers” so the cards could be mounted while android is running.
    Kind regards
    Sebastian

ImADev
    Participant

It adds a driver of sorts, but the drawback is that it’s launched at startup. It expects you to keep the SD card plugged in at all times.

To remount without a reboot you’d need to install Terminal Emulator and use the following command.

su -c /system/etc/install-recovery-2.sh mount

You could also probably use something like Script Manager and create a shortcut to the script.

Raqtor
    Participant

Because of smooth playback: I don’t have any problems with playback on my Hi8. On android side i’m using MX Player with custom codec that decodes DTS and on windows side i’m using KM Player. Both do their job absolut without any issue. And even 1080p files run extreme smoothly without any stuttering.

Guess I could try to get windows working again and give KM player a try. Windows haven’t worked right since I tried to upgrade to win10 and downgraded again. Was also hoping to use Android since I am a bit disappointed at how fast windows drains the battery.

Sebastian
    Participant

It adds a driver of sorts, but the drawback is that it’s launched at startup. It expects you to keep the SD card plugged in at all times. To remount without a reboot you’d need to install Terminal Emulator and use the following command. su -c /system/etc/install-recovery-2.sh mount You could also probably use something like Script Manager and create a shortcut to the script.

Thanks a lot again 🙂
    If i know that that your script “only” works on boot it’s absolutely no problem.
    If i have to transfer bigger/more files to the microSD i will simply shutdown the tablet and eject the card or connect the tablet to the pc via USB cable.

Kind regards
    Sebastian

lol
    Participant

It could be due to the version of busybox being used on your device. I’ve attached a version to this post that I’ve compressed and signed a little differently. Please let me know if it works for you.

Hi

I have Hi8pro and Hi10plus

I don’t understand if It’s my fault:

the SDcard is mounted (in storage/sdcard01)

but it’s mounted like Paragon app way:

Android system don’t see the card so I can’t move app data to sd, I can’t select a music folder via app or something…

Is that how it works or I’m wrong?
    Thanks
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar