OEM Windows 10 Reinstall

OEM Windows 10 Reinstall

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book OEM Windows 10 Reinstall

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    fewt
    Participant

Our Cube keys are digital entitlements.  Look in the Windows store at your account and see if your device shows up.  If it does you should be able to just reinstall Windows using Microsoft’s media creation tool and it should automatically activate.  During the installation tell it you don’t have a product key and it will continue.

Just to be safe though, use Clonezilla to take a backup of the previous install so you can restore if it doesn’t activate properly.

Koray K
    Participant

Does anybody know whether the image in the Downloads section for Mix Plus will work or not? Most of the hardware is the same, so drivers shall not pose a problem.

Wylver
    Participant

Why not use the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft?

I don’t see the point in an image file if I can get a brand spanking new install?!

Koray K
    Participant

Because I couldn’t retrieve my key… I installed Windows 10 Education for which I have a legit key, but I had several problems with the new instalation (ie. cameras I got working before by reverting to old drivers, Steam downloads, Windows Store installations and low 3dmark scores). I will probably install a clean Win 10 Home  and try to activate it through my Windows account.

Katagiri
    Participant

Windows 10 EDU is strange. I also have a legit key and I use it on my desktop, fortunately it works pretty well.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar