Onda v919 air CH

Onda v919 air CH

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marco
    Participant

Hi guys, any of you bought the air ch? The price is really good but I want to have some opinion for users.

Mainly I’ll be using it a t home to browse and watch netflix and movies.

Chalmers Fam
    Participant

I bought the win 10 only version (by mistake, product page was confusing) and didn’t want to send back to China.

Windows performs excellent on it…few blue screens but I get that on my laptop anyway. There’s no mega screen heat or back of tablet heat when using. Its fast too. Video works really well! YouTube like watching on pc or laptop. Can connect to my networked hard drive to watch movies (using Windows file Explorer and watching with vlc), again, good performance

Hdmi out works really well but I had to butcher my cable after reading on onda forum that the cable insert into the tablet slot needs to go deeper than the rubber stopper on cable allows. Pair of scissors or sharp blade fixed that (cut off a few mm of rubber) and hdmi out works really well on screen. No stutter or frame rate issues.

Would buy otg cable or use Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. That’s not because of onda, I just don’t like windows tablet mode.

Main issue is charging…tried various different chargers but it’s very slow. Manufacturers charger is fastest and when charged you get some good use from it. But I’m always finding I’m out of charge…and waiting to recharge is a frustrating.

I’m told battery gets better with more cycles.

It randomly charges and then doesn’t charge when using (screen on) which is annoying. Many users asking about this topic on onda forum.

Charging when using it doesnt work well, as it consumes more battery than it takes in power whilst charging at same time. Fair enough…so screen off and don’t use when charging.

So apart from battery…id recommend it.

Chalmers Fam
    Participant

By the way, Netflix and all the apps from Windows store work just fine.

Marco
    Participant

Thanks a lot!

Chalmers Fam
    Participant

Hey Marco,

So I discovered battery saver … a windows feature I never really use on my laptop. Big difference in battery consumption, much better! I’m also getting used to tablet mode in windows 10 … so I’m starting to really enjoy the tablet now. I also got myself a Bluetooth speaker which is great.

Much better experience … amazing little machine which costs a fraction of my brand name phone.

frederick floyd
    Participant

does anyone know how the drivers dump app works!  also is there a mirek firmware for onda v919 air ch!   thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar