Optimising Linux Manjaro – is there a guide?

Optimising Linux Manjaro – is there a guide?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro Optimising Linux Manjaro – is there a guide?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AM
    Participant

Hi all, thanks for chipping in to this forum, it really helped me identify which laptop was best for me.

In reading around the F6 pro I came across a guide as to how someone had set their F6 Pro up for Manjaro: updated the BIOS, optimised power usage both at the BIOS level and by adjusting the OS settings, recognised the hinge movement for tablet use, created a method of screen rotation, how to make the microsd card reader work in manjaro etc…

Like a halfwit, I forgot to bookmark it.

Has anyone seen such a guide, or would care to drop a hint for a complete linux noob regarding where best to look for a layperson’s guide to adjusting the above?

Thanks for your consideration!

Al

Brad
    Participant

Most I remember was this, but it ended with using Ubuntu he reported the touchpad worked with no mods.
    Could be the latest LinuxMint is the same.  I would recommend LinuxMint if you are a Linux noob.

Touchpad not working in Linux

AM
    Participant

Thanks Brad!

Saw your message on there – will give xrandr a go 😀

Everything is working fine on manjaro except the SD card reader is intermittent in function. I’ll keep trying to lean my set up for battery optimisation…

D

AM
    Participant

Further to the above, some linux work on the hinge sensor to detect tablet mode exists.

https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1057409/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar