OTG is Not Working At All

OTG is Not Working At All

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    codearm2
    Participant

Perhaps someone can help me here

Been using X98 for 1 month, never test the OTG before

My X98 only contains Windows 10 Home Edition since I’ve deleted the Android Partition

I tried to connect keyboard via USB OTG but it doesn’t work at all.

Tried 3 kind of OTGs. First one is regular long OTG

http://techonsiteph.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/usb_otg_cable_3.jpg

2nd is Meenova, it doesn’t detect my Micro SD Card at all

3rd is OTG like this one

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0253/8757/products/61vY99-6rQL._SL1500.jpg?v=1420611110

All of them not detected at all in Windows, also when I tried to enter UEFI Firmware setting, it also not detected

Any help?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Can you enter the bios using OTG? On boot hit Esc, if you can then it’s not a hardware issue as the port clearly works if you can enter the bios and use a keyboard.

Also try another keyboard (wired if you can) If the port works in the bios and not Windows then it’s some type of Windows driver issue or port conflict. I would try uninstalling and deleting the drivers for the usb ports and hubs in the device manager and then reset. If not do a full rest of the tablet.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

codearm2
    Participant

Can you enter the bios using OTG? On boot hit Esc, if you can then it’s not a hardware issue as the port clearly works if you can enter the bios and use a keyboard. Also try another keyboard (wired if you can) If the port works in the bios and not Windows then it’s some type of Windows driver issue or port conflict. I would try uninstalling and deleting the drivers for the usb ports and hubs in the device manager and then reset. If not do a full rest of the tablet.

Nope, from the beginning of the booting, the usb is not detected

I tried to press ESC and it boot directly to windows without entering Bios which means the keyboard is not working at all

Will using Usb powered otg fix this? If it fails too why it doesnt works since I can charge the tablet

codearm2
    Participant

I made an USB Powered OTG and at last mouse and flash drive work well.

But, for keyboard it’s not working at all, my keyboard is not detected.

any idea?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar