Partaker Mini PC fan won't stop upon shutdown

Partaker Mini PC fan won't stop upon shutdown

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Partaker Mini PC fan won't stop upon shutdown

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Bernd 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Bernd
    Participant

Dear all.

My Partaker B18 mini PC won’t stop it’s CPU fan when I shutdown from Windows 10.

Details:
    I have Ubuntu and Windows 10 installed on the same SSD and use Grub as boot manager.
    When I shutdown the system from Ubuntu the fan stops spinning. Not so from Windows 10: It runs forever even though the PC’s operation status LED turns to┬ástand-by color orange.

I contacted the Chinese seller but their support is sluggish. They just asked me if I were using HDMI or Display Port. In fact I use DP since I have a 4k display and the HDMI is 1.4. Never heard of them since.

My questions are:

1. What could using display port have to do with a CPU fan not shutting down correcly?
    2. Does anyone have an idea what settings I would have to change to stop the CPU fan upon shutting down from Windows 10?

Thx a lot in advance.

Bernd

Bernd
    Participant

BTW just for curiosity purpose I connected the display through HDMI (which then runs 4k at only 30Hz – HDMI 1.4) and shut it down – tadaa, the fan stops.

I wonder how that is related.

Bernd

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password