Partaker Mini PC fan won't stop upon shutdown

Partaker Mini PC fan won't stop upon shutdown

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Partaker Mini PC fan won't stop upon shutdown

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bernd
    Participant

Dear all.

My Partaker B18 mini PC won’t stop it’s CPU fan when I shutdown from Windows 10.

Details:
    I have Ubuntu and Windows 10 installed on the same SSD and use Grub as boot manager.
    When I shutdown the system from Ubuntu the fan stops spinning. Not so from Windows 10: It runs forever even though the PC’s operation status LED turns to┬ástand-by color orange.

I contacted the Chinese seller but their support is sluggish. They just asked me if I were using HDMI or Display Port. In fact I use DP since I have a 4k display and the HDMI is 1.4. Never heard of them since.

My questions are:

1. What could using display port have to do with a CPU fan not shutting down correcly?
    2. Does anyone have an idea what settings I would have to change to stop the CPU fan upon shutting down from Windows 10?

Thx a lot in advance.

Bernd

Bernd
    Participant

BTW just for curiosity purpose I connected the display through HDMI (which then runs 4k at only 30Hz – HDMI 1.4) and shut it down – tadaa, the fan stops.

I wonder how that is related.

Bernd

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password