Possible component reuses of a non-working Cube i7 Stylus

Possible component reuses of a non-working Cube i7 Stylus

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums i7 Core M / i7 Stylus Discussion Possible component reuses of a non-working Cube i7 Stylus

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jerry
    Participant

Hello guys, this is a great forum for everyone who is interested in or already owns a Cube i7 Stylus digitizer-enabled tablet.

I got my Cube i7 Stylus an year or so ago, but I only managed to turn it on 1-2 times before there was a screen-glitch and the tablet refused to recharge and/or turn on while on AC charging. I manage to give the tablet to an acquaintance of mine who gave it to a tablet-fixing tech guy, but then I got the tablet back as the tech guy had told my acquaintance that there’s probably an unfixable electronics problem in the circuitry itself (or something like that, can’t remember the exact details). It’s either a problem with the AC charger or the charger-port, or something more significant (I tested a different AC charger/adapter but to no avail). Maybe I should get one of the recommended 12V 2/2.5A AC chargers mentioned here in the Cube i7 Stylus topics before giving up on the tablet altogether? Hmm… Sadly, it doesn’t even boot to the UEFI screen even after charging for several hours…

Frustrated from the unfortunate development of events, the tablet stood in its packaging for many months before I decided to once again take a look at it. I opened it up myself and briefly inspected the internal hardware components while also watching some of the hardware-inspecting YouTube videos about the Cube i7 Stylus.

So that got me thinking…
    What can one do with a tablet like this – one which doesn’t seem to work, but many of its hardware components seem to be OK (while some of the other components probably aren’t).

Can one reuse some of the Cube i7 Stylus components? I mean, what do you think? I’m mainly referring to the hardware-pros among you fellas. Maybe the digitizer IPS screen can be used in some other device or maybe even put on a laptop as a screen (don’t know about the connector type, its pins and the electric compatibility with other devices…), or…? I guess I can sell the CPU (forgot if it can be removed at all…) and the 64GB Foresee SSD, but I don’t know about the rest of the components. Maybe it’s bricked beyond reuse, but maybe there’s still some reuses of these internals…

Any suggestions, guys&gals? 🙂

Thanks in advance for your ideas & help!

nooneisback
    Participant

You could reuse the digitizer panel as a cheap graphics display. Though you’ll need a display controller  which supports both 1080p at 60Hz and a touch screen. Next we have the M.2 SSD which is obviously something to salvage. Finally, you have the camera and the 2 decent speakers and the case itself which is really nice and could be reused in case you find a mobo replacement (doesn’t have to be explicitly made for the i7, just has to fit and have the required ports), even if you won’t need to salvage the mentioned parts in that case.

nooneisback
    Participant

Also, the CPU and the RAM can be removed… With a hot air gun, yet I highly doubt that anyone would want that,  not to mention that it’s basically a hairdryer capable of melting metal.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password