Problem with microSDHC (not recognize with Android) and not read (windows 10)

Problem with microSDHC (not recognize with Android) and not read (windows 10)

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Problem with microSDHC (not recognize with Android) and not read (windows 10)

This topic contains 35 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Hakan Berg 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

CUMENAL
    Participant

Hello
    My tablet “X98 PRO” does not recognize the microSDHC (SanDisk) with Android system. With Windows 10, the microSDHC card is not read if the memory exceeds 16 GO! Surprising?
    For the moment, I can not recommend this tablet to my colleagues and my french students if this problem is not solved.
    Thank you for your answers

Joe1684
    Participant

Hello,

I have have a similar problem with my X98 Pro (dual boot). I bought a Kingston 64GB SDHC MicroSD card.

On Windows 10 everything works well. I can read and write on the card. But on Android my MicroSD card isn’t visible at all. It doesnt even show up in the storage settings.

Does anybody else have similar problems?

CUMENAL
    Participant

Hello,
    Thank you for the feedback. I Noticed you 64GB Kingston SDHC Bought a MicroSD card. I purchased a 32GB SanDisk Ultra HC. I would not worry purpose at first, with Windows 10, i could read and write to the memory card. It Lasted a very short time! Now, I can only use the SanDisk 16GB, not beyond! Indeed, with Android, the memory card is detected Not Even! A driver problem?
    Quickly I want a technical solution. May be an update of the operating system or the drivers?
    Best regards
    Didier (Paris)

CUMENAL
    Participant

Hello
    Thank you for the feedback. I noticed you bought a 64GB Kingston SDHC MicroSD card. I purchased a SanDisk Ultra 32GB HC. I would not worry but at first, with Windows 10, I could read and write to the memory card. It lasted a very short time! Now, I can only use the SanDisk 16GB, not beyond! Indeed, with Android, the memory card is not even detected! A driver problem?
    I quickly want a technical solution. May be an update of the drivers or the operating system?
    Best regards

Alan Ling
    Participant

I have a 64GB Adata card. It can only be read from Android, but not Windows.

Chris
    Participant

my 64gb samsung sd work fine in windows but isn’t seen in android.

Just noticed the mount sd option in android. When I do that I get “blank or unsuported file format” I then choose the format option and the tablet restarts. Maybe If I reformat in windows it will be visible in both but I doubt it.

CUMENAL
    Participant

Hello
    “my 64gb samsung sd work fine in windows but isn’t seen in android” : OK
    I just bought the Verbatim 44084 microSDXC memory card. I’ll try this card with Android and Windows 10.
    If it still does not work it is essential to update the system.
    For now I have no other answers

CUMENAL
    Participant

Verbatim 44084 microSDXC memory card = 64 Go

Nick
    Participant

I had similar issues with mine using a Sandisk 64gb – wasn’t recognised at all in Android but fine in Windows. Changed to a Samsung 64gb which was at least recognised but formatting the SD made the tablet restart. I would recommend getting root and then using the Aparted app (from the app store) to format to FAT32, that seemed to give me read/write in both windows and Android.

I did try doing multiple partitions for Link2SD but this tablet is a bit too buggy on Android to allow all that, still getting the access to SD on Android and windows was a small victory after the time I spent trying to format at first!

Chris G
    Keymaster

I had issues with a Sandisk 128GB Ultra. And later found the same tablet would read a Samsung Evo just fine. I’ve noticed that some brands work and others don’t, not sure why they are incompatible.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

CUMENAL
    Participant

Thank you everyone for your responses.
    I just solved my problem with windows 10 and my 32GB SanDisk. I downloaded the free software “SDFormater” (V 4) and I formatted the card with the “Full Erase”. I named the disk volume (label), there was none! I restarted Windows 10. The 32GB SanDisk card is recognized (reading, writing). However, with Android, it does not work!
    Didier (Paris)

Luzycki
    Participant

Hi, i had the same problem too. Second i have had  the loose  emmc problem. After I’m flashing the system with the bios v. 1.13, it runs very well. I have a 64 GB no name sdhc.

dxx 300
    Participant

Hello
    Please, someone flashed Bios 1.13, a problem with the MicroSD card is gone?

CUMENAL
    Participant

Hello I am still working with the K9C3 BIOS. I had the problem with my micro SD card (limited to 16GB) with this BIOS version.
    Should I change to go to the K9C6 version?
    If so, the installation is it easy?
    Didier

Chris
    Participant

I installed the updated bios and it hasn’t made a difference so I wouldn’t bother if your tablet is working fine. My K9C6 got the unreadable drive problem so I had no choice. Will try formatting the sd card with a 3rd party app to see if it makes a difference

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password