Problems re-flashing X98 Air II 64GB (HG9M)

Problems re-flashing X98 Air II 64GB (HG9M)

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot Problems re-flashing X98 Air II 64GB (HG9M)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    chrubble
    Participant

I’m having problems with my X98 Air II 64GB (HG9M)

I removed the Windows installation – I just didn’t use it, so decided to let Android use the whole device – However, the Windows partition was not visible from Android.

The device has been freezing and various apps crashing so I decided to completely overhaul.

I updated the BIOS to DROIDBOOT: VERSION 2.0 (Android Only Version) and then wanted to re-flash the ROM with one of the Mirek190 Lollipop versions. HOWEVER, this is where my real problems start.

For some reason the device will not factory reset – It just reboots to android.

I cannot get in to REBOOT DROIDBOOT or RECOVERY – I can see the options but the following error is visible in the options screen:

———————————-

FASTBOOT INIT…

E:installer device ignored

FASTBOOT CMD WAITING…

E:Failed to mount device ‘/dev/block/sda1’ as installer partition using fs_type ‘vfat’

ition using fs_type ‘vfat’

E:No valid installer medium found.

Could not open /sys/devices/virtual/backlight

————————————

I can access the device from ADB (on my Mac) via terminal and can create new partitions using FASTBOOT from there also.

What I want to do is completely start from scratch – repartition the whole 64gb device and flash to android.

Any advice on how I can do that with no access to DROIDBOOT?

It feels like it should be simple, but for some reason it seems to be impossible.

Thank you!

***UPDATED***

I have added the attached txt file showing the terminal report on the various directory structures on the device, in case it helps.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar