July 25, 2015 at 6:31 pm #7457kompactParticipant
- Posts: 3
Just got my Vi10, so far very impressed with what you get for the price. I have a few questions:
1. The Android build is terrible, mine is in all Chinese, can read or understand anything. I would love to instal a custom rom like Cyanogen or Purity. Has any one sucessfully installed custom roms? What are you using? How did you install – TWRP, CWM?
2. Under the Windows 8.1 partition it shows that the Vi10 has an x64 cpu, why then does it come loaded with a 32bit OS?
3. Made a couple bootable usb drives using Rufus, one of an x64 Win 8.1 install and a Win 10 x64. I hit “Esc” on the keyboard at boot to access the bios. Under boot options neither of my bootable USB drives show up. How can you boot from USB?July 25, 2015 at 10:00 pm #7501Chris GKeymaster
- Posts: 2674
1. The rom has a bad DPI set, it can be fix apparently. Not sure about custom roms. I have just Windows 10 on mine now.
2. The Atom Z3736F supports 64bit, but the issue is the bios UEFI is 32bit and this have never been fixed or will be. So 32bit it is.
3. It has to be 32bit.
Chris | Admin
Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
Next up for review:
Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30July 26, 2015 at 3:16 pm #7536kompactParticipant
- Posts: 3
Thanks for the reply.
I’ll monkey with the Android side and if I can get any custom roms to run properly on it I’ll report back.
I till can’t get the tablet to boot from a USB drive. I make my bootable drive (this time Win 8.1 x86 in Rufus) and in the boot manager only the Windows and Android boot options show up. Any ideas?July 29, 2015 at 3:17 pm #7773ABParticipant
- Posts: 9
“I till can’t get the tablet to boot from a USB drive. I make my bootable drive (this time Win 8.1 x86 in Rufus) and in the boot manager only the Windows and Android boot options show up. Any ideas?”
I have the same question.When trying to select the USB to boot I only see windows and android options.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.