Questions for those who already have this Tablet…

Questions for those who already have this Tablet…

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Questions for those who already have this Tablet…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nemix
    Participant

Hello,

I’m about to pull the trigger on the iWork 10 Ultimate and just have some questions for those who already have this tablet on hand.

I’m looking to purchase the tablet with the Original PU Protective Case and a cheap 10″ Bluetooth Keyboard from GearBest, I’m will also be looking to get a 2.5D Tempered Glass Screen Protector for this tablet from AliExpress.

While the keyboard dock looks very good, I also think it’s overpriced for a dock that does not have an extended battery built in plus I will be using the tablet at home for the most part so just a cheap 10″ Bluetooth Keyboard from GearBest should suffice since the PU Protective Case already has a stand mode and might get in the way of fitting the tablet into the Original Keyboard Dock.

Questions for Chris:

How does the iWork 10 Ultimate speakers compare to the Chuwi Hi10 speakers?

Does the Windows logo in the front of the tablet actually serve as a touch button, if so what does it do in Android?

What are the read speeds for the Micro SD reader (you did not included that in your review)?

Questions for all owners:

Is the BIOS accessible on this tablet?

How study is this tablet if dropped on hardwood floor (this is the reason I want to get the PU Protective Case but by doing so I cannot get the original keyboard dock)?

Is the original $5 stylus for the tablet any good (I’m thinking of getting a cheap rubber stylus for occasional use)?

Thanks in advance,

dlink377
    Participant

Original PU Protective Case –> You should buy cover that similar with the iPad Smart Cover, which can wake/sleep your device by opening and closing the cover. The tablet has magnet sensor, near the light sensor. ( i believe the original one is the one similar with ipad smart cover)

cheap 10″ Bluetooth Keyboard –> not really a fan of cheap bluetooth keyboard though, i do suggest buying original keyboard dock.

2.5D Tempered Glass Screen Protector –> make sure have the cutout for both light sensor on the top left and the camera in the top middle. Although the screen is not really glass (am i right?), tempered glass do stick very well. Please take note that they may be dust under the glass screen since the screen is not laminated. My tablet has 3 dust. The tablet comes with plastic screen protector installed, but may have dust below it also.

keyboard overpriced –> i couldn’t agree more. It is expensive and relatively hard to even get one. But Chris does say USB Harddisk works when connecting to the USB port on the keyboard, so, If you want to connect USB Harddisk without external power, i think it is the only way. ( i haven’t try using USB Y cable, connecting to both USB 3 and USB 2 port on the tablet)

iWork 10 Ultimate speakers –> bad quality. in windows 10, the maximum volume is not as high as in android. cannot compare to another chuwi, I do have iwork8, and of course still better than iwork8. Although it is bad quality, it is good enough if your ear is pretty forgiving, better than nothing.

Windows logo –> on windows 10 shows start menu / start screen (depending on what mode), on android it is home key. Soft key is still available on screen, so it doesn’t really needed at all.

Micro SD reader –> my unit doesn’t support 64g class 10 card well, it keeps disconnecting randomly in android and in windows 10 not even detected. at the end I just use very cheap kingston class 4 8gb microsd, works quite well. I only stores music there, so it is adequate.

Is the BIOS accessible on this tablet? –> yes, by connecting usb keyboard/keyboard dock and press del or esc key on boot

How study is this tablet if dropped on hardwood floor –> the case is aluminum, probably (just probably) similar with another aluminum tablet such as iPad.

Is the original $5 stylus for the tablet any good –> just throw it away. it is just simulate finger. If you really want a stylus, buy the original cube active stylus. the tablet is equipped with necessary hardware, you just need to buy active stylus. If you want to use it occasionally, it think it has no problem. And those $5 stylus isn’t original cube, the original one is expensive since it is active stylus.

Personally, I think this is still the best tablet you can get for RMB980 range. The build quality is high for the price, and the specification also not bad (hey it is 1900×1200 screen, 4gb of RAM, and 64gb of slow but usable SSD). Just some problem here and there, but i believe it can be fixed with updates (please be warned don’t hope so much for software updates, it is chinese company, not microsoft).

Nemix
    Participant

Thanks for quick reply,

The Original PU Case from GearBest does not mention anything about magnet:  http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-accessories/pp_314698.html

The 2.5D Tempered Glass Screen Protector is made specifically for this tablet model and seems to have all the right cutouts for light sensors and camera:  http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-Tempered-Glass-Screen-Protector-Film-For-Cube-iwork-10-Ultimate-10-1-inch-tempered/32591148872.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9,searchweb201602_1_505_506_503_504_10034_10020_502_2000000_10001_10002_10017_10010_10005_10006_10011_10003_10021_10004_10022_10009_10008_10018_10019,searchweb201603_1&btsid=5424f321-1df9-4531-a6d2-793c3a0f6280

If BIOS can be accessed with a normal USB keyboard and OTG adapter then I don’t think I be getting the Keyboard Dock.

Chris has updated a review of the tablet on YouTube and seems like his unit has no problems with his 64GB Samsung EVO Micro SD, this probably means it’s running a full speed too and not limited to 30 Mbps; perhaps maybe your tablets Micro SD card is faulty or there’s a BIOS option to fix your problem with Micro SD reader.

If the Original $5 Stylus is nothing special then I’ll probably just buy a rubber tip stylus for the tablet.

Just a few more questions:

Can the Windows logo button be disabled via BIOS?

When attaching keyboard dock to tablet in Windows 10 does Windows prompt to change to Tablet Mode?

Has anyone found a way to root Android for this device?

Thanks again,

Laurence
    Participant

I’ve ordered one of these from Gearbest on the 8th, and it’s still processing. it says it ships in 3-5 working days…

edit: it now says 10-15 days.

Daan Rademaker
    Participant

I bought mine on 22-2 also with gearbest. The next day i asked when the will ship. The next day i god a reply that it was on hot sale and it should ship half of march…..  It was delivered on 14-3.  The original keyboard was send on 12-3.

Now i looking for more information to make the device dual boot. I think i wil wait with flashing until google play works and there is good instruction how

Laura
    Participant

i’ve ordered one from gearbest on the 1st of march. dual boot version. still processing. they told me it should ship this week…

Nemix
    Participant

I bought mine on 22-2 also with gearbest. The next day i asked when the will ship. The next day i god a reply that it was on hot sale and it should ship half of march….. It was delivered on 14-3. The original keyboard was send on 12-3. Now i looking for more information to make the device dual boot. I think i wil wait with flashing until google play works and there is good instruction how

Why didn’t you get the dual boot version if you wanted Android on it?

Chris already mentioned in his review that he ran into problems flashing the Windows version into Dual boot and Google Play does not work.

Cube is advertising the official Dual boot version so I think it’s very safe to say the Dual boot version has Google Play pre-installed.

The cost difference for Windows version over Dual boot version is minimal if you indeed want Android on the tablet from factory without getting into problems.

Daan Rademaker
    Participant

I bought mine on 22-2 also with gearbest. The next day i asked when the will ship. The next day i god a reply that it was on hot sale and it should ship half of march….. It was delivered on 14-3. The original keyboard was send on 12-3. Now i looking for more information to make the device dual boot. I think i wil wait with flashing until google play works and there is good instruction how

Why didn’t you get the dual boot version if you wanted Android on it? Chris already mentioned in his review that he ran into problems flashing the Windows version into Dual boot and Google Play does not work. Cube is advertising the official Dual boot version so I think it’s very safe to say the Dual boot version has Google Play pre-installed. The cost difference for Windows version over Dual boot version is minimal if you indeed want Android on the tablet from factory without getting into problems.

Yep you are right. i saw the post from Chris.  When i bought the tablet i did not think i needed Android and gearbytes did not advertised whit dual boot.

dlink377
    Participant

I bought the dual boot version, and no, google play is not installed, and I already tried so many different APKs and still no luck.

I don’t know if gearbest already install it for you, i do love to know how to install it.

And based on the chinese cube forums, nobody can root it yet.

For SD Card, my SD card is working just fine on another device. It just doesn’t work on Windows 10. First few days when I bought the tablet, it is working fine, but after few restart trip to android and Windows 10, it is not working anymore. I haven’t try again, since I don’t really need extra memory for now, just a little bit pissed off since I bought this RMB 98 (around USD 15) and doesn’t have any use for now.

Nemix
    Participant

Thanks again for the reply,

I getting the impression the dual boot version of this tablet does not have Google Play installed regardless of where you buy it from, Cube will probably have to release the files for Google Play to be installed.

This is a let down for me as I need Google Play in Android and will only get the tablet once there is a fix for this, other than that I think this is great tablet minus the tiny speakers and non powered micro USB 3.0 port.

I will wait for further news regarding Google Play on this tablet…

Edit:

I think Cube will eventually release a fix for Google Play on this tablet since Cube has released a fix for Google Play on their iWork 8 Ultimate in January 2016 and the tablet was released in October 2015:  http://cngadget.info/2016/01/13/cube-released-dual-boot-firmware-for-the-iwork-8-ultimate/

Since the iWork 10 Ultimate uses the same SOC but was released in December 2015, I expect Cube to release a fix for Google Play in the dual boot versions very soon perhaps in April 2016.

Nemix
    Participant

So I emailed Cube regarding the Google Play issue and this is the email I got in reply:

Thank you for your mail.

We will install the google play for you.
    Please tell us when you order, we will update it for you soon.

Any question please tell us.

Best regards.

Zoe

Apparently there’s a way to get Google Play installed into Android however they have not released the files for it on Cube’s website.  I’m also suspecting some of the earlier batches do not have Google Play installed while the later ones perhaps do.  And there’s another chance these tablets are being sent directly from Cube while the retailers just take their share for the sale.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar