Ran Windows Update Now Screen isnt In right possition

Ran Windows Update Now Screen isnt In right possition

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums Onda v919 Air CH / Air 3G Discussion Ran Windows Update Now Screen isnt In right possition

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Adrian Genao
    Participant

the screen is now oposite of the way i hold it after installing the updates that were under the windows update section .. the only way to properly use it no is ro turn off auto rotate .. how can i correct this anyone know?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, you might have to edit the touchsettings file in windows/system32/inf If you can try and install the old driver from Onda. They must have made a change in the file VS the Intel update. I’ll just check my Onda V919 and get back to you.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chris G
    Keymaster

I just checked my V919, it does used these files for the orientation sensor. So it’s best to roll back the driver and use the Onda supplied one.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Paul Rose
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I tried to install Windows 10 10074 on my Onda v919 3g Air and had a similar problem with the screen touch being wrong on one axis.

Which driver in device manager do you roll back please?

Also do you have a mirror of the original 8.1 iso for the Onda i have tried Onda Forum but they are down and pan baidu is all in Chinglish (have tried google translate to no avail)

Thanks

Paul

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi Paul, unfortunately I don’t have a mirror of those files. I had issues trying to download them with it timing out on me, in the end I gave up on the download. The inverted display is linked between the orientation sensor and the Intel graphics.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Brian Connaughton
    Participant

Every video I have seen as well as looking at the Teclast X98 Air 3G that I own shows Windows 8.1 operating sys as being the 32 bit and not 64 bit version . . . yet the tPad uses 64 bit Intel Bay Trail X64 architecture. Does anyone know why Teclast is installing 32 bit OS on X64 bit hardware? And are you guys who are installing Windows 10 on tPad using 32 bit or 64 bit OS? Am wondering if there aren’t any 64 bit drivers for the tPad hardware so have to use 32 bit OS. But if there is a complete set of 64 bit drivers for this tablet why not install 64 bit OS??? I want to remove Android on my dual OS tPad and just install Windows but am wondering if I must install 32 bit rather than 64 bit OS.

Any thoughts????

Paul Rose
    Participant

Hi Brian,
    What Tablet do you own exactly?

All Baytrail chipsets are 64 bit instruction but all the ones that i have seen are only 2 gigs of RAM apart from this new HP i just saw with 4 gigs:

http://www.laptoping.com/hp-announces-elitepad-1000-propad-600-business-tablets.html

My Onda V919 3g Air is all 32 bit software on 64 bit hardware as its only 2gigs of ram (the same as most of the other models with Baytrail chipsets ie: Teclast x98, Onda v919 Cube i6 and many others). There would not be much advantage running 64 bit software unless you had more ram. The newer CORE M series that Chris reviews and sells have 64 bit software as far as i know (because they have 4 gigs of ram.)

I just installed Windows 10 32 bit 10074 preview successfully on my Onda v919 3g AIR i didnt try the 64 bit because there was no point as i cant change the amount of ram.

Hope thats of some use 🙂

Perhaps Jedi Master Chris can enlighten us more….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Paul Rose
    Participant

Thanks Chris i solved the problem by reinstalling again. Originally i updated all the drivers manually through device manager and pointed the update at the drivers folder from onda rather than running the all in one install batch file which is obviously the correct way.

Android link working fine. Would be nice to have a Lollipop build but im not going to hold my breath. Do you know of any builds for this device? My gut and business brain says that Wintel devices wont be rushing into Lollipop. It costs money to develop roms and they would rather make money selling you a new device. Be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Question: I noticed you are selling tablets now i may upgrade soon to bigger screen, do you keep a stock in NZ or do you drop ship? Something with 4gigs of ram and lollipop would be the go for me. Windows 10 is growing on me, its like anything new i guess unless you use it for awhile then you don’t get used to it. That Bing image of the day does my head in though. Tablet mode is weird as well, its like they almost need two Windows 10 versions one for tablet one for desktop.

Paul.

Chalmers Fam
    Participant

Hi Paul,

I downloaded the drivers but never saw the all in one batch file. What is the name of the file?

Thanks a lot.

Myles

brix
    Participant

my onda v919 is also have the same problem on its touch screen position. can you give me a link where can I download all compatible driver?

I’m running windows 10..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password