Random issues with Cube Mix Plus, any solutions?

Random issues with Cube Mix Plus, any solutions?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus Random issues with Cube Mix Plus, any solutions?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

I started to have random strange issues about a year ago, black flickering screen, super sensitive (going into things I did not click on etc…) but when I have the keyboard disconnected the issues have not happened to date, so im not sure if its the keyboard or where it connects on the tablet.

In the last few weeks the issues have become more frequent which is a real pain, especially with being inside a lot these days and that I am trying to work on a visual novel project but then its impossible to do anything when the issues happen, so I want to try and look for cost effective solution.

Alldocube seemed to have dropped support for the cube mix plus, I don’t see the keyboards being sold anywhere (even the tablet itself)

Are there any other alldocube keyboards that work with cube mix plus?

Not sure if it could be a driver issue? I doubt it but maybe something with the keyboard?

I was looking at the bmax y11 or y13 as a replacement but just with the current worldwide situation and with myself being hit really hard for work.

Its just a bit too hard to drop almost any kind of money for a laptop right now.

david
    Participant

maybe a power problem? often problems like ghost touch are related to bad power chargers…

Scott
    Participant

No idea

Although (to date) I never had issues when the keyboard is disconnected but its just very awkward to use cube mix plus that way.

Weird thing is it can go a while with 0 issues but then really acts up as if it is having a seizure.

If it is a power issue in some way, what would be a solution to change charger or what else?

Also if anyone uses a different case with keyboard please let me know

Thanks!

david
    Participant

i once read somebody in other forums that changing charger (and using type-c charger for a while) solved their random problem of ghost touch: don’t know if this could help you. i don’t want to make you waste money buying something that maybe doesn’t solves, but maybe you have a type-c power charger with PD technology for other devices or some friend could borrow and it worth a try…

for the keyboard i can’t help you: i tried ”1 by ONE” bluetooth keyboard that you could find on amazon and it worked well, but if felt too small for me so i switched to the stock one which is bigger.

Scott
    Participant

Unfortunately I use a keysion usb type c charger with pd.

I’ll also have a switch charger which is type c I’ll maybe try that a while and see.

Keyboard like I would’ve been willing to spend a bit if it was a good solution for the cube mix plus, searched a lot but just was not convinced with the ones I saw and they were quite pricey to the point where I would rather figure a way to get a whole new device.

mobby_6kl
    Participant

I think I’ve had something similar happen a few times, it seemed that the undocking it from the keyboard for a moment helped calm it down. But this only happened a 2-3 times so I’m not 100% sure.

You might be able to find a replacement keyboard on Ebay but I haven’t seen anything. A simple USB/bluetooth keyboard could be a cheap temporary solution at least.

riceart
    Participant

Those ghost touches  are Samsung/Microsoft to blame thing. I have same issue on Surface pro 1 gen. Just turn off touch driver when device is plugged to charger. I can recommend logitech k380.

Scott
    Participant

Undocking then docking it at times seems to help but it just happens so frequently now, sometimes seconds after docking it.

Haven’t really found a suitable keyboard replacement or at least not one that would feel natural.

The issues seem to be a good bit less when I disable the mouse pad but then with the ghost touching or the accuracy not being there again not ideal.

Been a while since I made this and luckily with work resuming I was able to buy the bmax y11 managed to get it on a good offer

reserved at 294.99 usd (with no coupon) so I was able to get just over £11 cashback with quidco. Also paid with revolut card and paypal. So a pretty good deal.

Will test cube mix plus more without the keyboard docked and if it works well I may keep it for retro games / emulators or sell the tablet without the original keyboard.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password