random sleep issue??

random sleep issue??

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series random sleep issue??

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by nnts.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nnts
    Participant

i just receive my lapbook im quiet happy for its performance. but the first thing i notice is the random sleep when im not idling (using apps and mouse)

i run some test (powercfg -energy) and getting this result

Platform Power Management Capabilities:ACPI _PSD Object Failed Validation
    There is a problem with the definition of the ACPI _PSD object on this computer. Installing the latest system firmware (BIOS) may resolve this issue.

Group      0
    Index       0

this error repeating for 4 times, only differs at the index 0-3.
    as it stated i think this is bcus of the bios, mine is A2W6_NA14.012, 12/30/2016. idk if this is the latest as i dont know where to download / do the updates, also there is a couple of revisioned type. and i dont want to brick my lapbook cos i really need it for collage.
    did anyone know how to solve this? or maybe about the bios things?

Ernst
    Participant

This is the first revision LapBook 14.1 (you are lucky with that, has an M.2 SSD slot an no powermanagement issue).

What are you doing when it suspends? Could it be overheating? Perhaps you need the thermal mod described in the TechTablets pages.

Also have a look at the Windows logs with Event Viewer, perhaps there is some clue as to why the system suspends.

Far off suggestion; but could it be that you by accident hit the power-off key instead of Delete or any other key in that corner of the keyboard?

nnts
    Participant

@Ernst

Yeah i think the battery is awesome for its price.

I dont rmember, as i just received it a couple of days and couple of times. i will check the log later if i encounter the problem again.

And i also have set the power button behaviour.

btw when it happens i need to do hard reset to turn it on again, and just resume the windows as sleep does( I thought it will force turn shutdown).

do u know if my version have bios update and where to download it??

nnts
    Participant

ahh turn out its true that its becuz of the overheating. it looks like im gonna need the thermal mod

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password