*Read me first* Common Chuwi Hi10 Issues, Fixes And Useful Info!

*Read me first* Common Chuwi Hi10 Issues, Fixes And Useful Info!

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion *Read me first* Common Chuwi Hi10 Issues, Fixes And Useful Info!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    George
    Participant

me too any alternative on this?

R
    Participant

I am looking for advice wth my isssue regarding the HI10Pro + keyboard not being able to access my eternal HD.  I am using the USB ports on the keyboard. The HD light comes on but the HD is not recognized when I go to access the files whether I use Windows 10 or the Android OS.  In Windows, when I f=go to Devices, it shows the device. Is my proble because the USB ports cant power the external HD sufficiently? Can I get an adapter and use one of the ports on the tablet? Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Karnfest
    Participant

Thanks for the sound advice. It works.

My type-c to HDMI is not detecting my secondary hdmi monitor. Any solutions will be appreciated.

santi_sc
    Participant

The USB ports of the keyboard may fail to connect some models of hard drives, it is recommended that you use a powered Hub to connect hard drives with the keyboard usb.
    To connect a hard drive on the tablet you can use this USB-C adapter, it will work perfectly, I use it;

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B01IHB1SCM

Any electronics or Amazon bazaar can be found.

Yes, the plastic that covers the adapter can be annoying and not allow to connect the USB Type-C well so it may be necessary to cut a few millimeters to get it to connect deeper into the tablet adapter.

santi_sc
    Participant

Thanks for the sound advice. It works. My type-c to HDMI is not detecting my secondary hdmi monitor. Any solutions will be appreciated.

The protective plastic that covers the connection of your adapter may prevent the adapter from connecting properly in the type-c of the tablet, for this you need to cut a few millimeters the protective plastic of the adapter in order to get it to connect deeper in the port of the tablet.

It is proven that the USB Type-C ports that Chuwi puts in their equipment with something deeper than normal, therefore, it is necessary to cut the plastic of the adapters a bit to make them fit better.

I know, the problem comes when the adapter is all metal and can not reduce a few millimeters.

ric hey
    Participant

Can I assume that even for tablets shipped at the end of 2016 the fix/bios update is to be applied?

I comply with serial requirement, just wondering whether the current bios version is still older or not, because the system shows october 2016, whereas the fix is january 2016..

I have the problem of SD not mounting, but I suspect it is a HW defect and it leads to physical device damage (at least if the fix is not applied before it’s too late, like in my case, hopefully not..).

santi_sc
    Participant

Can I assume that even for tablets shipped at the end of 2016 the fix/bios update is to be applied? I comply with serial requirement, just wondering whether the current bios version is still older or not, because the system shows october 2016, whereas the fix is january 2016.. I have the problem of SD not mounting, but I suspect it is a HW defect and it leads to physical device damage (at least if the fix is not applied before it’s too late, like in my case, hopefully not..).

Do not update the BIOS, it will not solve the MicroSD reading problem and it can generate many more problems.
    It is a known problem with the Bios of American Megatrends in dual boot devices with Intel processor. There is no other way to use a USB adapter or Micro SD card for storage, I know it is not as comfortable as the Micro SD but …..

ric hey
    Participant

ok, even worse than uncomfortable; it could be needed to be able to upgrade Win10, if installed on a 16gb partition, needing 8GB of free space to run the upgrade process…(this happens for hi8pro here, which means stuck with 14393 build — march 2017 when the defect showed up).

santi_sc
    Participant

I understand, the 32Gb tablet with dual operating system is a nuisance so little space available.

andrea luigi
    Participant

all right, except that it fails to keep for windows 2004 (clean installation done). In windows 2004 there are two drivers not installed correctly. I attach photos

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar