Realtek sound driver problems, need help

Realtek sound driver problems, need help

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Realtek sound driver problems, need help

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    George G
    Participant

The Realtek sound driver in the EZBook3 Pro V4 seemed incomplete on my new laptop. There were no audio enhancements or an equalizer present, and the driver details in Windows indicated that the driver was not completely installed. I went to the Realtek web site and downloaded the latest driver for Windows 10, but installation failed and now I have no sound. I read several posts in the forum concerning sound drivers but found it confusing. The Windows 10 sound troubleshooter doesn’t help either. After the new driver installation failed,  device manager is now showing a yellow exclamation mark on “Other Multimedia device” but no sound category is shown in the listing.

Why does the original Realtek sound driver look so basic with no enhancements? Could someone please explain why the latest Realtek driver doesn’t work and help me get my sound back?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Try my driver backup? https://techtablets.com/jumper-ezbook-pro/downloads/

It’s V3, but the audio chipset and drivers are the same.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

George G
    Participant

Hi Chris, thanks for responding. I was aware of the posted drivers in the downloads section but thought a more recent audio driver could be obtained from Realtek. Oddly, I fixed the new audio driver by changing the audio DSP compliance mode from non-UAA to UAA  in the UEFI / BIOS. There was a post about this somewhere on your forum but I am having difficulty finding it. That post should probably be a sticky. It saved me and could probably save others in the same predicament.

I hope you will enjoy your new V4 as much as I do. It’s a tremendous value. My only complaint is the lack of support at the Jumper web site. Thanks to your great forum, we have another source of information. Good luck and keep up the great work!

Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks for the info, looking forward to getting my version 4 soon. I’ll remember that audio bios tweak too.  I also found this thread with your problem I think: https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/audio-driver-not-compatible-jumper-ezbook-3-pro/

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

George G
    Participant

Ok, I finally found this more detailed post by end user “Stan” concerning the new V4 audio problem:

Stan <time datetime=”2017-08-30T01:12:12+00:00″> August 30, 2017, 1:12 am </time>

I just got my Jumper Pro 3 today and it is the version 4 as shown here. After installing a M.2 SSD the sound stopped working. Took me half a day of tinkering to find out how to fix it. Hopefully someone finds this useful: go to BIOS by tapping ESC during boot up, go to chipset -> South Cluster Configuration -> HD-Audio Config -> change Audio DSP Compliance Mode to UAA (as opposed to Non-UAA) -> Save Changes and Reset.

Also make sure to update the Intel Wireless AC drivers.

SAVVAS
    Participant

Hello, thanks for your advice. May I ask how can I update the inter wifi drivers? Which source?

George G
    Participant
    SAVVAS
    Participant

Thanks ! Which drivers did you also update other than this?

George G
    Participant

That’s it, all the drivers are posted in the downloads section here, but when it arrives you will want to add an SSD to the M.2 slot, calibrate the bluish display and tweak the touchpad settings.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar