Recent MIUI update damaged external SD-card on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5

Recent MIUI update damaged external SD-card on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5

TechTablets Forums Chinese Mobile Phone Discussion General Mobile Discussion Recent MIUI update damaged external SD-card on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bjorn Muller
    Participant

After updating my Redmi Note 5 today to version 10.0.2.0 (OEIMIFH) I found a notification advising that the external SD-card was damaged. And indeed it was. I cannot access it, and it “cannot be removed in a safe way”. Everything  I had on the SD card is lost, including part of my picture library.

I would recommend to first remove any external SD card before starting the update, or wait and see if there will be a new update coming.

Bjorn Muller
    Participant

Further investigations shows that there is a strange damage to the file system of the SD card. It cannot be recognized at all by the mobile, but when I switch off the mobile, remove the SD card and mount it in a USB card reader, it can be read by my Windows PC. I was able to backup everything on the PC, but that is about all that can be done. You cannot delete the contents, not write anything to it, not reformat it, not repartition it and – so far – not repair it. I have tried every option available by Windows as well as several other popular SD-card management softwares. Windows admits that it fails, other softwares “pretend” that they have succeded, but in reality the have not.

I have been able to copy the contents onto another similar SD-card and mount it on the mobile, so everything is now back to normal without data loss, but I have lost a 32 GB SD-card.

raymondgrantham
    Participant

I think its really good idea.

Nisaka
    Participant

<style type=”text/css”><!–td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}–></style><span data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"ขอบคุณนะคะที่ให้ฝากเว็บ :py\n https://betufa.net/ บอลออนไลน์"}” data-sheets-userformat=”{"2":12929,"3":{"1":0},"10":0,"12":0,"15":"arial,sans,sans-serif","16":24}”>ขอบคุณนะคะที่ให้ฝากเว็บ :py
    https://betufa.net/ บอลออนไลน์</span>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar