Reinstall windows on SSD

Reinstall windows on SSD

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops Reinstall windows on SSD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi there,
    i installed a 256 GB and want to clean install Windows 10 on this SSD.
    Can anyone tell me what Windows edition/language i should download with the Media Creation Tool?

I guess its Windows 10 Home English but i’m not sure.
    In the end i need the German version of this Widows edition.
    By default i would “post-install” the German language pack; or will the product key (installed in the BIOS/UEFI) also activate the German Version of the appropriate Windows edition so i can download the German version with the Media Creation Tool?

OT…the installation/securing of the SSD is a joke.
    You can’t secure the SSD with a separate screw, so you have to use 1 screw for the SSD AND the backplate and therefore the SSD always “pushes” against the backplate.

sipart
    Participant

OT…the installation/securing of the SSD is a joke.
    You can’t secure the SSD with a separate screw, so you have to use 1 screw for the SSD AND the backplate and therefore the SSD always “pushes” against the backplate.

Hi yes I had this issue, I had to trim the rubber pad to enable me to screw the plate with the single screw. It it is slightly raised but pretty flat now.

Frank
    Participant

Hi there, i installed a 256 GB and want to clean install Windows 10 on this SSD. Can anyone tell me what Windows edition/language i should download with the Media Creation Tool? I guess its Windows 10 Home English but i’m not sure. In the end i need the German version of this Widows edition. By default i would “post-install” the German language pack; or will the product key (installed in the BIOS/UEFI) also activate the German Version of the appropriate Windows edition so i can download the German version with the Media Creation Tool?

Hi, I’m german, too…

You can just download a general Win10 Version. During installation it asks for your language version. The electronic licence is stored in Bios/EFI and  activates the installed  Version automatically as Win 10 Home.

I don’t understand your SSD problem. My SSD (Transcend) has a paper sticker on top, as well as a paper sticker is on the Door. So it is isolated (if this is the problem you mean). The only thing is that you have to remove a small plastic adapter under the screw. Without removing that, the SSD won’t fit correctly.

regards Frank

Ray Dollars
    Participant

Hi All,

I’ve recently purchased an F7 and performed the eMMC to SSD migration.

It’s dead easy, I recommend using a piece of free software (MiniTool Partition Wizard 10) that makes the whole job painless, you literally click a button ‘Migrate OS to SSD/HD’ and it will do the rest… After performing the migration, Partition Wizard migrates the drive letter too, so your SSD will become the C: drive. You can then reformat the eMMC drive and delete the windows and recovery partitions on it.

The only other thing you need to know is how to access the bios and change the boot order options to the version of Windows on the SSD.

I also recommend buying a Windows 10 Pro upgrade code while you’re at it then you have a pristine new system on your new F7 notebook. (very cheap on ebay)

For the record, my F7 had a matte screen under the glossy screen protector.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar