Remix os?

Remix os?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Remix os?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Soupernoodle
    Participant

Anyone running remix os on it? If so how is it comparability wise? Everything working?

Anonymous
    Inactive

<hr />

I don’t have the Cube i7 Book, but Techtablets.com made a video on it with Linux installed:

It should work fine with RemixOS, but I think that Windows 10 is probably the better option, and you can run android apps using Blue stacks.

Do you have the Cube i7 Book? I have a question : does it overheat when running games and / or benchmarks? I’m thinking about buying it but I want to make sure heat isn’t too much of an issue. You can test using Intel XTU with built in stress test or HWMonitor while gaming.

Soupernoodle
    Participant

Sorry, don’t own one yet, looking at buying it or the cube i9 (though its a bit big) for remix as i just smashed my dell venue 11 pro which i was using for it.

His thermal and gaming benchmarking reviews are probably the best place to find that information, he covers it quite indepth.

Don’t know if i need this much power for remix, but it was really smooth on my venue and i wanted similar performance

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, don’t own one yet, looking at buying it or the cube i9 (though its a bit big) for remix as i just smashed my dell venue 11 pro which i was using for it. His thermal and gaming benchmarking reviews are probably the best place to find that information, he covers it quite indepth. Don’t know if i need this much power for remix, but it was really smooth on my venue and i wanted similar performance

Oh, okay. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with RemixOS as it meets the minimum system requirements. The only problem that it might have would probably be palm rejection but I’m not entirely sure as I don’t have it nor have I used RemixOS.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone running remix os on it? If so how is it comparability wise? Everything working?

I just realised that Chris tested RemixOS in his review video at around 20:40 here:

mshayanh13
    Participant

I was able to install Remix OS on my SD card.

The way I booted into it was after restarting and when the boot logo came, I clicked on delete and changed the BIOS settings to where it would load from the SD card.

Is there a way, I can have a screen show up asking what I want to boot?

Or if I keep the Windows 10 hard drive the default, is there a way to boot into the SD card?

TheCharles P. Williams
    Participant

Remix looks good but it has these problems as of now.

1. No sound no matter what you do to the sound meter.

2. Cant sleep if it sleeps, it will reboot and go to windows.

3. Even though i installed it on sd, I have to use a keyboard and hit delete. Need it to have a proper dual boot.

If these 3 problems are addressed we can really use this remix 3.0 on our tablets hassel free. Its a fluid experience,

mshayanh13
    Participant

has anyone tried easybcd for dual boot on the Cube i7 Book?

tornado
    Participant

<pre id=”tw-target-text” class=”tw-data-text vk_txt tw-ta tw-text-medium” dir=”ltr” data-fulltext=”” data-placeholder=”Traduzione”><span lang=”en”>Someone has solved problems with remix os?</span>

Franzli
    Participant

Tried the latest Remix OS 3.0 build yesterday and sound seems to be working fine now. Haven’t had a chance to try proper install yet, so will have to look into the other problems later.

In general, I was quite positively surprised, from previous attempts on Baytrail tablets I was used to having problems with things like setting screen brightness, wifi, touch etc., but that seems to be all fine on the Core M! Very glad about that. Only thing I noticed on my short test was that auto rotate didn’t seem to work, but from what I read, that might be solvable in some deeper settings in RemixOS.

Andrew W
    Participant

The latest build of Remix is based on Android x86 6.0 RC-2.

I would recommend direct download as I have had issues with torrented versions in the past

I have listed elsewhere any issues I had with Android x86

That being said RC2 is the most usable version of Android x86 I have even been able to use in about 2 years

There is a doccumented graphics issue with skylake. In my experience this was very limited. A bit of static when you log into your google account. Apart from that I saw no graphics issue. Maybe the stock browser had a problem too?

Ultimate Rotation Control – Available in Playstore will fix your rotation issues. Or you can just lock it in landscape.

Phoenix OS is a very similar project to Remix OS – currently based on 5.1.1 – however there is NO SOUND.

Franzli
    Participant

Ah yes, I remember the graphics artifacts when logging into google, but as you said, I haven’t yet encountered them elsewhere afterwards.

Thanks for the rotation hint, yes I was assuming that something like that might work. At some point I might still try if I get autorate to work, as it’s kind of a neat feature, but not a major problem. When I’ll have time to install a larger SSD and set up everything properly I’ll try and run some further performance comparisons. Will be at least a month till I get to do that, I’m afraid though.

I’d heard about Phoenix, maybe I’ll give it a shot one day. Unfortunate about the sound, especially considering that any Android-like system for me would be mostly a media consumption OS, so sound is somewhat important. But maybe they’ll jump onto Marshmallow as well at some point…

Paul
    Participant

Have installed the latest Remix on my SD card. Seems to work mostly fine. Sound definitely working. Standby also works but with some glitches – wifi doesn’t seem to scan or connect after being woken and if you hold the power button for a moment too long, it reboots. Had graphical glitches when adding my Google account but otherwise fine. Video in Youtube playing fine also. Pen seems to not be able to do a double click action and sometimes the UI seems to pause (as if you are using a really slow phone).

The Remix experience itself is interesting. Android has a long way to go in this area but if you need or prefer Android, then I recommend giving it a try.

Has anyone gotten dual booting working via grub or something else?

Geronimo
    Participant

Hello, Remix OS is running perfect on my device. I got the prerootet XDA-Version. But i have one problem. The grub bootloader is not touch enabled. Is there any way to switch between the systems without touch?

Paul
    Participant

How did you get Grub installed?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar