Replacement battery for Cube Thinker i35

Replacement battery for Cube Thinker i35

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Thinker Replacement battery for Cube Thinker i35

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  xiaomei 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Kyle Battle
    Participant

*NOTE: I’ve been trying to submit a new post for days now but I keep getting an error that my topic ‘cannot be created at this time’. I’m not sure if it’s a problem with the hyperlink I inserted in my post, so  I’ve removed that link in an attempt to get this posted. If this posts then I’ll find another way to insert my hyperlink.*

If you’ve read my earlier posts here you know my Thinker’s battery failed and I couldn’t find a replacement. Well that was last year and luckily I didn’t give up. I’ve found a replacement on Aliexpress –  I’ve installed it and it’s working well.

It is reasonably priced at $56USD. It fits within the space reserved for the original battery. The only downside is that it’s slightly thicker than the OEM battery – about 0.5mm thicker. While that’s not much we have to remember that the Thinker is designed with such a thin body that any additional thickness may cause problems with the limited space available. So far I’m not seeing any issues so that’s good. Also it’s held in place using tape – there are no mounting holes around the outer edge for the screws used to hold down the original battery.

Just wanted everyone to know there’s an option out there now.

Kyle Battle
    Participant

OK so I was right – my hyperlink was messing up my post. And I’m seeing now that I can’t post a link no matter how I try – maybe links have been switched off for the forums? Anyway if you want to find the battery I mentioned above, look for it on Aliexpress using these search terms:

5000mAh Battery for ALLDOCUBE Cube Thinker Tablet PC Kubi Li-Po

oliwek
    Participant

Hello Kyle. Thanks for your post, this info will be really usefull in a few months.

Chris G
    Keymaster

@kylenj Certain things pasted the firewall will block sorry. Try using bitly to shorten the link?

What happened did the battery swell up? Mines still fine, apart from crap 4 hour battery life.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: ONE-NETBOOK One Mix 2S & AllDoCube X
    Currently testing: Mate 20 X & Mate 20 Pro

Kyle Battle
    Participant

Hi Chris no worries, people will be able to find the battery easily using those search terms.

No no, the battery hasn’t swelled up or anything – I’ve not found any problems with the battery itself, I don’t want to give people that impression. What I did notice at first was a small issue with the amount of travel for keys in the center of the keyboard. I could see that the laptop’s shell – that portion of the body sitting directly under the keyboard – was sitting up a bit more than normal in the center compared with the shell at the edges, as if there was pressure being applied to it from underneath. This affected the travel for keys in the very center of the keyboard like T, G, N- when hitting these keys my fingers would be “bottoming out” ie contacting the laptop shell sooner than normal.

I disassembled the laptop and made sure the battery was as tightly taped down as possible and that fixed it.  That’s when I realized that the extra 0.5mm in thickness could possibly cause issues if one is careless about how the battery is secured. Or maybe I just didn’t do a good job making sure the laptop body was properly aligned before closing it with the T5 screws. Either way I thought I should point this out to everyone.

Kyle Battle
    Participant

Oh and yeah, the battery life is still crap at 3-4 hours max :). I don’t like lowering my screen brightness below 75% so that’s the 1 big drawback to the Thinker. But that screen! It’s truly beautiful, and touch to boot.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Great you fixed it and a simple job at that. Yes, I run mine about 50-75% brightness because that screen needs it – it’s so awesome 😀

The 4k panel in my 13.3 HP specter 360 comes close, almost as good.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: ONE-NETBOOK One Mix 2S & AllDoCube X
    Currently testing: Mate 20 X & Mate 20 Pro

xiaomei
    Participant

<span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>我在哪里可以找到这个电池?</span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>我的客户非常焦虑。</span></span>

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password