Screen refresh lag or flicker due to Intel graphics power savings (How to fix it

Screen refresh lag or flicker due to Intel graphics power savings (How to fix it

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi13 Forum Screen refresh lag or flicker due to Intel graphics power savings (How to fix it

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hananias 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Chris G
    Keymaster

I’ve seen a few comments on flicker on the screen or refresh lag, it’s caused by a power saving feature in the Intel HD Graphics control panel. Right click desktop and select. Intel grahpics, then in power options, a setting called Self-display refresh. This and the power saving features can and will cause latency lag, and flicker. If you notice it disable these options and that should fix it!

Normally just that panel self-refresh option is all that’s required and that flicker should go away. It’s a problem I’ve seen on the Surface Pro 4.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast F5, Mi Pad 4 Plus, i7 8750H / 1050 Ti Gaming laptop (MSI GL63-8RD)
    Currently testing: Mi Notebook and Chuwi Lapbook SE

Daniel
    Participant

thx Chris, I wil check mine when receiving it, hopefully next week after Easter.

Happy Easter

Daniel J.
    Participant

Interesting…..I have that setting “on” and the power settings set to max batterylife……and I have not seen any issues yet.

Can you perhaps elaborate a bit more on which scenarios the flickering is experienced?   I don’t use my Chuwi Hi13 for gaming, so if it’s a gaming issue, then no worries here!  And yes, you can just adjust the gfx power-settings towards performance!  🙂

Chris G
    Keymaster

I don’t have an issue either, but some people are more sensitive to others and see a slight flicker on the screen. Or they notice when the panel is self-refreshing, so it’s not 60hz but dropping to 48hz.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast F5, Mi Pad 4 Plus, i7 8750H / 1050 Ti Gaming laptop (MSI GL63-8RD)
    Currently testing: Mi Notebook and Chuwi Lapbook SE

Hananias
    Participant

Since updating to windows 10 “CU” I have been suffering from flickering and flashes all the time.

Now is starting to get annoying, specifically at night. Even with nothing running on the background, and just typing this with the onscreen touch keyboard I’m getting constant flash every couple of minutes or so.

Always watching videos online, there are flashes during video playback.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password