sd card micro xc 64 gig

sd card micro xc 64 gig

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum sd card micro xc 64 gig

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Steve Hepple
    Participant

Hello,

does anyone know how to be able to use a 64 gig micro sd card(xc) in the cube i9 ?

I have the latest bios, i changed the card system to fat 32 and tried ntfs but it wont even see the card. If i use a card reader plugged into the usb, no problem at all. Kind of run out of ideas ?

many thanks,

steve.

Bonnom
    Participant

My 128gb card works fine.

Steve Hepple
    Participant

Erm thanks for that Bonnom 🙂

Anyone else using xc micro sd cards…my standard 32 gig card works just fine ?

Peas
    Participant

I’m using a Samsung Pro sdxc – although in 128gb flavour – and it works perfectly. No problems at boot (it can dual boot off of it), or in Windows. I haven’t modified my BIOS in any way, so it’s just as it came from the factory.

Only niggle is that it’s not particularly fast, but that’s down to the cheap reader I suppose.

bill
    Participant

I don’t have your card. But I had a 128gb card that didn’t work in this device. I formatted it in an android device (mount). And re-inserted it back into the i9, and it worked. Apparently android forces it to format into exfat I think. Hope this helps.

Steve Hepple
    Participant

Is says on the gears best site that the unit will accept tf(trans flash) cards, which were superseded by sd card type. they are almost identical…but not quite the same. I wunder if this has anything to do with it…because now my 32 gig wont play. Tried the linux idea, but that can format fat 32 which windows 10 can do anyhow. Any more thoughts ?

bill
    Participant

It wasn’t a Linux machine I formatted it in. It was an android OS, like your phone or a tablet. Just mount it in there, take it out and reinsert it in your i9. It worked for me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Guys, could you please try the software “SD Formatter” and report back if it works?

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

You can set all sorts of parameters with this one, e.g. format type, cluster size etc.

Steve Hepple
    Participant

I gave that a go(sd formatter) but alas, it still didn’t work. What gets me is that the 32 gig did work, and now doesnt…but is quite happy to play in my android phone. The 64 gig card, that also wont work in the cube(never did) is now used permanently in my android phone. One is a sandisk and the other a samsung so it not as though they are rubbish makes. what is also strange is that the cube will play nicely if i put a usb card reader into the usb port and then plug the micro sd card in to that….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar