SD card not being detected

SD card not being detected

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book SD card not being detected

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Russell wong
    Participant

My SD card is not being detected, and I have updated the required drivers.
    Could someone help me out here?
    The sd card is a “Sandisk Ultra 64 GB micro sdxc”
    Was previously used on a Samsung S7 Edge. Not sure if the formatting would affect it being detected.
    One other thing is, how do I check if I have enabled sd card use in the bios?

Al bert
    Participant

Hi,

i had the same problem after installing a fresh Windows 10. Even with the i7 Book drivers my SD Card wasn’t detected. But with a little trick i get it working.

– First i installed the drivers from the i7 book download section.
    – Then i did the automatic driver update in the device manager.
    – The last Step was to delete the new drivers again and click on the menu button to search for new devices. After this my Windows automatic installs the drivers again and since this step i can use my SD Card.

Hope this helps 😉

Russell wong
    Participant

The last step after you deleted the drivers the second time, do you manually click update for it or just leave it at intel sd host and it will update itself?

Al bert
    Participant

it seems like it was a temporary solution. I just have restarted my i7 book and the card is no longer available. The drivers or something els seems to be buggy 🙁

ahrlad
    Participant

I have the same issue for some reason – I can fix it temporarily by disabling and then enabling the SD card reader in device manager. I haven’t had reason to look very hard for a fix though

Daniel
    Participant

For me putting it to sleep and waking up again also seems to work (most of the time). I never figured out which order of putting the card in and then sleep and wake up or first sleep and wake up and then the card in works best. One of the two usually works for me. I do not use the card reader often, so this workaround is bearable for me. But probably this is a similar solution as @ahrlad posted. So I will try that next time.

asan agibetov
    Participant

The SD card was recognized before without any issue, now it is not in the list of the mounted devices. Drivers updated. I tried the trick with uninstalling and reinstalling the device, didn’t work. Putting into sleep and then logging in does not help either. The device manager says that the SD card reader is working properly though…

Doug Lung
    Participant

This is clearly a Windows issue as I haven’t had any problems detecting and mounting SD cards in Linux (Arch Linux – 4.7 Kernel) on my Cube. Every SD card I tried worked in Linux, but it was hit or miss with Windows. After updating drivers, my Samsung 128 GB card worked sometimes, but often wasn’t recognized. Frustrating.

After trying some different cards, I found my Patriot 128 GB card was recognized all the time in Windows (and obviously, Linux). The Patriot SD card wasn’t a premium card — I picked it up at Fry’s on sale. My Samsung 128 GB card now has a home in my Asus Android tablet.

Katagiri
    Participant

This is clearly a Windows issue as I haven’t had any problems detecting and mounting SD cards in Linux (Arch Linux – 4.7 Kernel) on my Cube. Every SD card I tried worked in Linux, but it was hit or miss with Windows. After updating drivers, my Samsung 128 GB card worked sometimes, but often wasn’t recognized. Frustrating. After trying some different cards, I found my Patriot 128 GB card was recognized all the time in Windows (and obviously, Linux). The Patriot SD card wasn’t a premium card — I picked it up at Fry’s on sale. My Samsung 128 GB card now has a home in my Asus Android tablet.

Is this your card? If it is I’ll manage to buy one for myself… it’s too expensive here, I’ll need to find from another Country.

Doug Lung
    Participant

Yes – that’s the one! It matches exactly.

The way Windows handles these cards is odd, so no guarantees it will work on your tablet, but probably worth a try. For what it’s worth, I formatted it as exFAT in Windows. NTFS might work too but I use it mainly to store photos, books, music and video — large files so exFAT inefficiency isn’t an issue.

Doug Lung
    Participant

One caution, before formatting try using the card as shipped. Formatting can cause problems, so I suggest only trying that if it doesn’t work out of the box.

Katagiri
    Participant

Thanks a lot! I’ll try a Kingston card I already have here with my Android tablet, I’m using it as shipped, just put some music and pictures there. I’ll buy the Patriot as last resource, I’ll also test some Sandisk Ultra I have as well, those cards are easy to find and much more cheaper.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar