[Solved] SD Card Reader issue after Windows Creator update

[Solved] SD Card Reader issue after Windows Creator update

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus [Solved] SD Card Reader issue after Windows Creator update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    eljuggy
    Participant

edit : Well explained not solved… it’s simply an incompatibility with Sandisk Ultra SDHC and SDXC…
    other brand like Transcend works… problem exists on I7 book too…

and note that I had different issues when doing a clean install of windows :

don’t do it if you’re completely new to this… and be sure to “get your product key” (nirsoft produkey) “export the drivers” (powershell command) and make a “recovery drive” (windows) and system image (windows)

I also had to download lenovo driver for the front camera.

and desinstall “HiD compliant mouse” so that stylus would work.

Hello,

I did a clean install of Windows Creator Update (also to change language of Windows to french).

Only problem so far is with my micro SDCard reader that can only read “SD” card (not SDHC or SDXC though those cards are visible in BIOS/Setup). In windows, inserting SDHC or SDXC card has no effect. I reinstalled the exported driver from initial install “Mobility 6/7 generation blabla” for both eMMC and SDCard Reader. SD Cards works fine.

Any help apreciated !

Note that I tried to create a topic describing the re-installation of Windows, but the forum seems to bug on me.

Mircea Pi
    Participant

I don’t know if it’s related to Windows Creator Update, but my Samsung Evo 64Gb SDXC U1 MicroSD just stopped working (like it’s not even inserted). And Yes, a KingMax 16Gb SDHC Class6 MicroSD functions with no problems. Also tried with a Kingston 32Gb SDHC Class10 – not working, also.

Anyone else facing the same issue?!

LE: I tried another MicroSD card – also Samsung Evo, but 32Gb SDHC – it was recognized and worked fine until I ejected it; afterwards, impossible to make it to be recognized once again by Windows. There’s no issue regarding the formating type – inserted into an USB card reader, all cards function very well, whether they are exFAT or FAT32 formated.

Following some info on the net, I found the Intel SD Host Controller driver and managed to install it. No change, whatsoever…

Cube Mix Plus - CDK09 Keyboard, Samsung 64Gb Evo Class10 MicroSDXC, Xiaomi Wireless Mouse, Stylus...
    Chuwi Hi8 Dual Boot - Ultra Slim BT3.0 Keyboard with Touch Pad, Samsung 64Gb Evo Class10 MicroSDXC
    Chuwi Vi7

eljuggy
    Participant

Hello,

And the samsung card was working previously with the cube mix plus ?

A few days ago I bought this micro sd card :┬áSamsung UHS-3 Class10 Micro SDXC Memory Card – 128G RED

(from here https://www.gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_718143.html?lkid=10102456)

It is working and I hope the card reader don’t bug on it later !

Mircea Pi
    Participant

Yes, the Samsung card was working until some days ago (or at least when I observed the missing drive letter in Windows Explorer).

I tried one more card – a Samsung Evo+ MicroSDXC U1 64Gb – same situation…

Quite frustrating…

Cube Mix Plus - CDK09 Keyboard, Samsung 64Gb Evo Class10 MicroSDXC, Xiaomi Wireless Mouse, Stylus...
    Chuwi Hi8 Dual Boot - Ultra Slim BT3.0 Keyboard with Touch Pad, Samsung 64Gb Evo Class10 MicroSDXC
    Chuwi Vi7

croko94
    Participant

Same problem here with many different microsd’s on all of it sorts but i found that disabling the sd card in device manager, than unistalling it and then “searching for hardware change” fixes it sometimes and the windows finds it and you can use your sdcard

Hope it will work for you like it did to me(sometime you need to do it twice)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password