Second SSD does not work on my Air 13.3 (2017)

Second SSD does not work on my Air 13.3 (2017)

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series Second SSD does not work on my Air 13.3 (2017)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Murat
    Participant

Hello,

I bought this tiny ssd for jumper ezbook 3 pro: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KingSpec-22-42mm-NGFF-SSD-256GB-SATA-III-6Gb-s-Internal-Solid-State-Drive-NGFF-For/32741153443.html

Since gearbest didn’t ship ezbook 3 pro for a long time, i canceled it but the ssd was already shipped. Now when i try to put to second ssd slot of air 13, the device doesn’t work (not even give response) till i remove it. What could be wrong in this case?

Chris G
    Keymaster

is it formatted correctly, does it show in the bios and you inserted it correctly?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Murat
    Participant

After putting it to the  second ssd slot, the device acts like completely dead so I couldn’t reach bios. I guess I did it correctly, since the ssd is shorter than the slot I put it with a tape. But computer doesn’t turn on until I remove it. After removing it and pushing the power button it started turning on and off 2-3 times, then turned on normally. I guess this is because I pressed to power button 2-3 times while the second ssd was inserted.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Must not be pushed incorrectly in the slot then the contacts or it came loose. But it should work in there. if you can a 2280 SSD would be better in the long run as with movements etc after time that SSD might come loose.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Murat
    Participant

I pushed it pretty hard actually. Maybe the tape i used couldn’t keep it in place. If it is as you say that wouldn’t be problem, cause i need to sell the ssd and i don’t want to sell any broken thing 😀 Thanks for replies Chris.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar