Slow charging: charge with both DC and USB ports??

Slow charging: charge with both DC and USB ports??

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums Onda v116w Core M Discussion Slow charging: charge with both DC and USB ports??

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  viya 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Vince
    Participant

Hi,

I have the Onda V116W Bay trail version.

When in use, the battery does not charge. It slowly drains like 1% per 15 min, even with 2.5A chargers.

So I am wondering, is it OK to use both the DC port and micro USB port to charge simultaneously?

I am trying it right now, it works, the battery level is definitely going up – However, I am afraid that smoke might come out etc.

Can someone tell me if this is a viable and SAFE solution to the slow charging problem??

Thanks

Simon Lespérance
    Participant

Check for your MicroUSB cable gauge.   You should have at least 24 AWG to get enough current (smaller is better).  If you use a 28 AWG you will get small current, even with a 2,4 Amps charger.  See : http://lifehacker.com/cables-can-significantly-impact-the-charging-speed-of-y-1532784722

Vince
    Participant

Interesting. I’ll try diff cables and report back.

On the other hand, using both DC & USB ports seem to charge much quicker – no overheat yet. I am only afraid of the tablet dying on me…

Vince
    Participant

Yeah, the cable matters. Using 22awg short cable worked out.

Simultaneous charging via two ports is definitely dangerous. This article explains it: http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/187489/usb-power-in-parallel-increasing-the-maximum-current-using-a-y-splitter-ideapo

Rica Iii
    Participant

Hi…i am a new user here. The same issue happened to me also. So as per my knowledge you should check for your MicroUSB cable gauge.  You should have at least 24 AWG to get enough current .  If you use a 28 AWG you will get small current, even with a 2,4 Amps charger.

low cost pcb assembly

viya
    Participant

You should have at least 24 AWG to get enough current .

PCBA Assembly Services

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password