Slow charging

Slow charging

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Murray 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

This tablet is extremely slow to charge and this is causing me problems. I have not timed it properly but I think it takes about 12 hours to charge the battery from empty. This is way too long.  Also the battery still drains, though very slowly, when the tablet is being used and charged at the same time in android.  The charger is only 5V 2.5A. It does not seem powerful enough for a large tablet. My previous tablet had a proprietary charger of 12V 3A and did not have these problems.

Is it just my device or is this normal for this tablet (air 3g dual boot) to be this slow to charge? I see no mention of this problem in the review.

Can it be solved if I buy a charger with higher amps?

Bart
    Participant

Are you using the provided cable? or a longer one? 12 hours seems way too long

Anonymous

I hadn’t thought of the cable as being the problem but now that you mention it, maybe that is why it is so slow to charge. I use a cable from my kindle to charge it as the one provided was way too short. So I will try the original cable to see if there is any improvement.

Anonymous

Changed the cable to the original short one. Slight improvement but still way too slow. Estimated 8 to 10 hours time to charge is unacceptable. I am not used to such slow charging as my previous 10″ tablet only took about 2 hours to charge fully. I’m still looking for a solution to this problem. I found this from techtablets on YouTube but there are no actual charge times mentioned in the video. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

steelicon
    Participant

Mine charges 3-4 hours from 0% using factory supplied charger. C5J6.

Martynas
    Participant

It is normal if you charge while turned on…

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies. They have been useful to help me figure out what the problem is. I never thought the charger would be faulty, but after reading that it should take 3-4 hours to charge the tablet I am now convinced the charger is faulty as it is taking at least twice as long as that to charge my tablet. I will now buy a USB charging tester to make sure, but it looks very much like I need to buy another charger.

k577777
    Participant

If anyone is considering purchase of a Chuwi Hi8 Tablet, beware that it does NOT charge at all during use if the usb charger is NOT connected to its mains-supplied PSU. For example, if it is connected to a power usb-hub or PC. Secondly, do not allow it to be discharged completely because in my case, the screen went completely blank (without warning), then the charger LED would not come back on when connected to the mains charger for about 5 mins. Now it is a case of contacting Banggood customer support.  The other point to note as confirming the blog re-slow charge is that it takes at least about a couple of hours+ for a full charge.

Chris Murray
    Participant

I used the Ampere app to measure the charging rate on the Chuwi vi10 and my S5 phone using the same charger (2A) and cable. The S5 charges at 1200 mA but the Chuwi charges at a max of 290 mA. Either the battery just can’t charge very fast or the tablet draws 900 mA more than the phone when running just one small app.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password