Solder under the bios

Solder under the bios

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Solder under the bios

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Richard Russell
    Participant

Hey I think I messed up bad, I got solder underneath where the Winbond bios chip was when I melted it out, now I can’t get the solder out for the life of me, it’s like a plate of metal over where the unused bumps of solder were. While the bumps didn’t do anything for this particular chip, I don’t imagine having them all connected will be good to have when I get my new winbond bios chip in the mail

so I guess my questions for someone who knows more about circuit boards…

1. do those bumps of solder connect to anything important?
    2. if so, how do I remove a tiny plate of solder?
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Andy B
    Participant

I think a solder wick might be your best choice.  Check out this video on how to use several methods, including the wick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAJpz9Mdm4

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Richard Russell
    Participant

Thanks I ordered a 99 cent solder wick and will be giving that a shot. Amazing how they can ship a wick from China for 1/4 of the price of one down the street

Andy B
    Participant

Thanks I ordered a 99 cent solder wick and will be giving that a shot. Amazing how they can ship a wick from China for 1/4 of the price of one down the street

Did you get your wick yet?  I’m curious if this worked for you!

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar