Some issues with Hi10

Some issues with Hi10

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Some issues with Hi10

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    pmhn
    Participant

My tablet also seems to lose battery while not in use. I have not tested it yet, but I read somewhere that wifi may prevent Windows 10 from sleeping properly. I left the tablet in sleep mode at home this morning with flight mode on. I will check how much battery it used when I get home.

pmhn
    Participant

If I counted correctly, it used around 10% battery while in sleep mode for 8 hours. I guess I’d rather shut it down to preserve battery when I’m not using it. I will need to check if the battery is leaking during shutdown.

Oren
    Participant

Just the cover case.

Hualalai
    Participant

Wifi on or off when sleeping is a power management setting in both Windows and Android.

Kenneth Wong
    Participant

I’ve problem to read files of sdcard 32gb class 10 when inserting in the sdcard slot (problem as attached). But, I’ve no problem when inserting sdcard 16gb class 4. Both in format of FAT32. Is there a difference the Hi10 sdcard slot can support class10 card and class 4 card?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anthony Tu Pham
    Participant

Kenneth, I just got my Chuwi hi10 today and i put in a 128gb class 10 micro sd card. And i have had no issues.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    pmhn
    Participant

Good to hear that you can use 128gb card. Yesterday I tried using my external USB hard disk again, and it can list the file list for a moment, then windows crashed. I guess the tablet really does not have enough power. After restart, it no longer recognizes my 64gb card that was working fine before. After a few reboots, it is back to normal, and the card is working fine again. I tried my 128gb card again, and it still did not work.

I guess the built-in card reader is a bit picky.

Camry Loh
    Participant

Is it normal that my tablet looses about 60% when I don’t use it for about 24h?

Mine behaves the same. My other Windows 10 notebook only loses less than 5% in 24 hours. My Ipad can leave unused for few months and only lose about 20%.

Russ Dyer
    Participant

Had my Hi10 for 3 Days now. 64Bit windows model.

Screen is very nice.

No power issues/ no shutting down randomly issues.

Using Lexar 633x 64GB XC1 Micro SD card with no problems.

Using Microsoft Edge browser as Chrome and Firefox are very slow on the tablet.

Seems to have no bloatware installed.

Installed VMWare 11 and Testing out VM’s.  Wireshark works ok. Added Realtek AC600 usb Wifi Adapter (recognized by windows) to enable some man in the middle hacking fun.

solitwar .
    Participant

my doenst spend that much energy but it takes too much time to recharge it almost like 5 hrs for 60% and my modem has giving me problems since i got it,  dont know if it causes it or not…

rank
    Participant

Mine shuts down when I connect external HDD via USB 3.0 port, charges slowly takes like 3 hours to fully charge (using samsung charger)

sam
    Participant

Seems the portable hard drive in usb 3.0 port causes shutdowns for most people (me included)

Tried the same hard drive with usb 3.0 y cable and it works fine. Just means you have to use both ports. Usb 3.0 for data and usb 2.0 port for extra power.

Hope that helps.

Laura
    Participant

3 hours to fully charge a 6600 mah battery is not slow… remember you’re bottlenecked by the 2A current limitation of micro usb connector. it really can’t get any faster than that

schnurbi
    Participant

I can confirm 128gb Sandisk 80mb/s microSD working for a short time whenever it feels like it. then it disappears and shows up with a yellow exclamation mark in device manager (device could not be started, error code 10).  NTFS and exFAT both equally problematic. my 64GB Samsung EVO 80mb/s works fine.

Any news on a firmware update for this? It should be fixable since it works for a short time.

How do we best contact Chuwi about this?

Russ Dyer
    Participant

I have noticed some touch screen issues when the power is plugged in, but its fine when power not plugged in.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar