some MX150 GPUs are slower than others – Mi 13.3 and 15 Pro

some MX150 GPUs are slower than others – Mi 13.3 and 15 Pro

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series some MX150 GPUs are slower than others – Mi 13.3 and 15 Pro

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    filn
    Participant

There is an interesting article about the NVIDIA GeForce MX150, depending on the power limits and notebook size, maybe to improve heat dissipation and battery consumption.

NotebookCheck recently noticed that there are two different versions, and one offers up to 25 percent better performance than the other… although it also uses more power.

NVIDIA GeForce MX150 1D10

GPU clock: 1469 MHz
    Boost clock: 1532 MHz
    Memory clock: 1502 MHz
    TDP: 25W
    NVIDIA GeForce MX150 1D12

GPU clock: 937 MHz
    Boost clock: 1038 MHz
    Memory Clock: 1253 MHz
    TDP: 10W

—–

13.3 inch Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air (2018) – 10W
    13.3 inch Asus Zenbook UX330UN – 10W
    15.6 inch Acer Swift 3 SF315-51G-57E5 – 25W
    15.6 inch MSI PLS62 – 25W
    15.6 inch Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro – 25W

source: https://liliputing.com/2018/03/some-nvidia-geforce-mx150-gpus-are-slower-than-others.html

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks for the info. I mentioned this in my review of the Xiaomi M iNotebook Air 13″ model how it was much slower than the Mi Notebook Pro due to lower clock speeds. Now I see it’s also other tech that is affected. And the difference is noticeable, the Mi Notebook Pro is just so much better at gaming, it’s better cooling also adds to that.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

filn
    Participant

Yes I remember you mentioning the diference Chris!

Is more rational to pick up the 15 Pro if you don’t mind the 2kg weight and size. The only thing missing is Thunderbolt 3.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes I remember you mentioning the diference Chris! Is more rational to pick up the 15 Pro if you don’t mind the 2kg weight and size. The only thing missing is Thunderbolt 3.

I know so stupid of them to not include Thunderbolt 3. Iseeon’t se their reasons to not included it, of course, it must have been cost surely it wouldn’t have pushed it up that much?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Paul
    Participant

Interestingly my Notebook Pro is showing as having the 10W MX150 1D12

Attachments:
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Interestingly my Notebook Pro is showing as having the 10W MX150 1D12

@paul1109
    Please check your max clocks with GPU-Z to confirm the turbos please and let us all know.

But now I have a newer model Mi Notebook Pro the $799 sale one I will check if it is the 25W TDP or the 10W one once I get into the studio on Tuesday, I don’t plan to head there this weekend. Maybe this is why it was cheaper! If this is true I will definitely have to post a video and an article on it testing it. Shame on Xiaomi if they downgraded the GPU, they better not have!

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Paul
    Participant

So now I’m really confused, GPU-Z is showing it is the 1D12 Nvidia model but the specs are higher than previously posted but still less than the 25W 1D10, is it possibly a hybrid of the 2?  Xiaomi have overclocked the 10W version?  I have modified my CPU settings though, could this boost the GPU too?

Attachments:
    Lars E
    Participant

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-has-been-sneaking-in-slower-GeForce-MX150-1D12-variant-onto-some-Ultrabooks.289358.0.html

I got the same MX150 as you Paul. Seems like Xiaomi boosts the gpu a little bit on the Pro.  I have the i7, 16gb ram model. Not OC, as it came with the 502 bios version.

Attachments:
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Okay so my two Mi Notebook 8250U’s are 1D12’s 25W TDP MX150’s ones too, but different clocks from those reported. Those clocks seem high like a desktop GT 1030 in the first post. But I think there is nothing to worry about, the MX150 in the Mi Notebook Pro is a lot faster than the M iNotebookAir 13’s.

My GPU-z info screenshot:

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

jabjab
    Participant
    I have a notebook pro  with i5 and 8gb ram.
    What I have discovered is that if you run GPU-Z it will show 1252 for both core and memory frequency.
    But if you enable the option to save the sensor info to a log file and start a demanding game, when I go back to the log  file the memory has stayed constant at 1252 but the core goes all the way up to around 1600 (1632 was my max), as soon as you switch apps away from game it drops all the way down
    Michael Saldana
    Participant

So I’m curious does everyone here have the 1D12 version? Is that the standard for this laptop then and not the standard 1D10? Mine is coming in tomorrow so I’m just wondering what I should expect

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar