Some problems with SD card reader

Some problems with SD card reader

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Pro Discussion Some problems with SD card reader

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Điền Thanh Phan
    Participant

I have experienced some problems with the card reader lately:

1. On Android, it randomly unmounts then remounts sd card after putting the tablet to sleep.
    2. On Windows, it doesn’t even recognize the card.

Note that it’s  not the card fault because it works fine on other devices, also my laptop doesn’t recognize my tablet (on Windows)  when plugged in. Please help 🙁

DJJGG
    Participant

i had some problems before with the microsd:when i put the sdcard i ALWAYS did click in storage (in win10 my tablet is dual os) to make the sd card the storage by default although id didn’t work(the tablet always made C to default storage) it created some folders like windows apps,admin etc, i think the problem was that so i formated my sd card(fat32) and i did not clicked that option and it works fine when i extract the microsd (always use extract with safety) and now i can  put stuff via my pc and when i put it now again in the tablet works,nothing is corrupted or access denied etc i hope that help you

EDIT: i forgot to tell you that if your tablet is in windows mode and you connect the tablet with an usb to the pc will not work (i wanted the same as you) ,only in android mode,the reason here (sorry it is in spanish,try google translate or something) http://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/como-hago-para-conectar-mi-tablet-win-8-a-un/aad59c70-74f6-4560-aa4d-b06b08940f65?auth=1

Jo
    Participant

See DTP! Same issue as me! Nothing has worked,  changed versions, bios android and win, now nothing in all of them (rooted TWRP recovery wont mount it either). Have not opened her again to look for hardware issues, i did once and found nothing, its like the sd reader burned out.  Talked to gearbest about a replacement.

Jo
    Participant

Update : after leaving the sd card out for several days, I put it in after having it plugged in via usb with the wifi off and it mounted my 128gb and 64gb cards with no issues for about an hour :/ so I don’t think it’s hardware related,  something software with the sdio card is acting up is my guess.

Jo
    Participant

Oh!  Noticed it falling off after letting it sleep a few times.

Điền Thanh Phan
    Participant

On Windows, I noticed a ! mark near the SD card storage controller in Device Manager, I think that is the problem, I tried updating, reinstalling it but no use, it says the driver has an I/O problem or st (?).

I ended up deleting Windows and   using all the space for Android no root, the sd card rarely dismounts itself anymore.

Linea
    Participant

Same issue here:

in one of my Hi8 pro devices SD card worked from the beginning faultless. But some day this 128GB Card “disappeared” from both OS. This SD works on other devices faultless, just this H8 pro doesn’t recognize it. Of course I have tried several other SD: 4GB, 16 GB, 32 and 64 GB, different speed Classes – same result. No one of them was recognized by Hi8 pro anymore.
    Yesterday I made following observation:
    I inserted one 64 GB CD card several times on active Android OS and in some cases this SD was somehow recognized, but as empty or defective SD card with an option to format it. After formatting system told me this SD is still empty or defective. On my windows desktop computer I could read the content, it was and not erased or somehow changed due the formatting. Strangely no other of my SD cards was recognized by insertion.
    It seems like the system recognizes inserted SD Slot device but cant handle this information correctly. I’m wondering why only this SD card was recognized and is this a hardware ( SD slot contacts)  or software ( driver) problem.
    Btw. reinstalling new windows SD-drivers doesn’t work – system tells me that the drivers have the most actual version.

intrax
    Participant

Hi,

Have same problem on a hibook 10 pro. Came out of the blu, card was working fine for two weeks.

Did you find any solution as it is very weird !

esjay
    Participant

Both Android and Windows don’t read my SDCards anymore. They are detected but fail to mount.

intrax
    Participant

Both Android and Windows don’t read my SDCards anymore. They are detected but fail to mount.

I think its a uefi bios issue… I’m trying to find a solution, but there is NO support from Chuwi on this matter and lots of chinese tablets are suffering from this issue!

kelf
    Participant

I tried a 64GB and 32GB card in my Hi8 pro, and samething. It will say blank or unsupported media. If I go to settings-> storage, I can’t mount the SD card in Android 5.1.  Win 10 also can’t see the sdcard.

However, both cards work in my older Hi8.

I updated to the May bios following this: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1157&extra=page%3D1&page=1&mobile=2. But doesn’t help….

Any ideas?

meister
    Participant

Have same issues, the Cardreader is damaged, after 2 Month of using

ric hey
    Participant

Same here, after few months sd card reader stopped working on hi8p (as well as hi10p). Code 10 error on hi10p only, not on hi8p yet.

Bios is october 2016. For hi10p they released a bios update/fix for sd slot problem, but it is older (january 2016), weird; not flashed it.

It seems a problem with dualOS bios, but we cannot rule out that it leads to hardware corruption.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar